I recently upgraded my Laptop from Gutsy to Hardy. Since then I'm having severe performance problems. When it runs, firefox takes up about 70% cpu. when it doesn't Xgl/compiz are at the top.
The laptop is a compaq nx8220. graphics card is an ATIX600 mobility.
- compiz effects are all but smooth
- with compiz turned off, moving windows around on the desk is very slow
- accessing the filesystem, writing to the filesystem
- opening/running programs etc
- animations of all kinds
- the more i run the more issues
-> so just general and horrible slowness
did not experience any similar issues with gutsy.