Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtualbox 1.6.0 repositories for hardy

Beans

Re: Virtualbox 1.6.0 repositories for hardy

i too urgently want 1.6.0 from repos because of its new VBoxHeadless making vbox better for server environments. i hope, the repos won't lag too much.

concerning the closed edition: would it be possible to make a repo-package that automates downloading from cds.sun.com? of course the clickable agreements must be obeyed. therefore the package would be dummy an in the configuration-phase, it should display sun's agreements and download everything thereafter. in that way you may get rid of the "open firefox, enter url, click here, click there"-ceremony without breaking the rules.

Beans

yeah it seems that it should be easy to create a repo that provides all the relevant prompts... what gives? anybody want to raise this as another ticket on virtualbox.org that will get looked at?

Beans

i am having troubles running a guest machine in the Sun xVM VirtualBox 1.6 within Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit on my imac 20" core 2.

I downloaded the VirtualBox amd64 deb for Ubuntu 8.04. I was able to install it and it runs, creates a virtual disk but it gets stuck after i click run and it shows the black screen with the msg saying "Starting the Virtual machine... 0%". I even mounted an ISO image to the virtual cd drive, also tried the mount the virtual drive to hardware drive with windows xp cd in it (same result with ubuntu cd).

I have to force quit the application it is stuck.
    Last edited by cambron; May 27th, 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Beans

I don't understand why Sun can't do the same thing they do for the JRE/JDK - show a 'click to accept' menu when you install from the repositories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12