Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Linux for ladies" shirt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

"Linux for ladies" shirt

Something in me died when I saw that the Ubuntu babydoll shirts now have the standard slogan on them rather than "Linux for ladies." I really wanted one of those, and didn't know they were going away! A quick Google search showed me that they generated some controversy, which, I guess, is understandable. I don't know, I liked the shirt because I think most OSes would shy away from being associated with "ladies," and this made it seem like Ubuntu was loud and proud about an operating system with "womanly" values. You know? 'Cause girls RAWK.

Since that shirt was scrapped amid controversy, is there a chance that a warehouse somewhere in Slough contains a treasure trove of unwanted "ladies" Ubuntu shirts? Were they buried in a New Mexico desert? _Is there any way I can get one?_ Points for people who can tell me of anyone I might want to talk to about this.

I can see why people would want the standard "human beings" babydoll shirt. But, I want the one with womanly pride! Uh, if anyone can help me get my grubby, womanly mitts (worn out from all my womanly pursuits, such as Python coding and modular website design) on one. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: "Linux for ladies" shirt

You can't be a lady -- there are no ladies or woman (don't mean to offend some readers) allowed in these forums. Its in the Code of Conduct!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    You can't be a lady -- there are no ladies or woman (don't mean to offend some readers) allowed in these forums. Its in the Code of Conduct!
    ^someone's lonely

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

"Hello, Ladies..."

I do think that the age old mantra of "Linux/*nix is not for girls" (unless of course they are in a shiny devil suit aka BSD girl), is kinda past it's point and time, women are tech savvy and we just need to get over it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    The internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Beans

Have you tried dropping Canonical a line? Otherwise I guess the only way to get one would be to buy someone elses.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    The internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
    And I'm Neo.

I'm Spartacus!
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!

please, no.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr