Thread: 56k Modem Connection Help?

Beans

56k Modem Connection Help?

I have a Conexant HSF 56k/FAX modem. What drivers are available for me to choose from, and where I can download them (for free)?

I've already tried Linuxant's place, but they don't seem to have the one about which scanModem told me (hsfmodem-7.86.00.07full_k2.6.22_14_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb. zip). Any advice where to go from there when I set this up would be appreciated, like how to set up Gnome-PPP and other things. I already tried their latest batch (2.6.22-14-generic hsfmodem_7.68.00.09full_k2.6.22_14_generic_ubuntu_ i386.deb.zip; same kernel version, btw), but that just gave me an error that I had the wrong architecture ("i386").

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: 56k Modem Connection Help?

From what you are saying, you are not using the 32-bit version of Ubuntu. I think that the version that you are looking for comes from Dell. There is no 64-bit version from Dell that I know about. The only option would be to get it from Linuxant and there is a charge for it.

Beans

Ah, I see.

Yes, you are correct; I installed the 64-bit variant of Ubuntu. I guess since Dell does not support that, and Linuxant's downloads are incompatible with mine (I had used the one which matches my exact kernel version), I'm out of luck here? Or are there any other sources from which I could download the proper driver that I require? If so, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for a response, at least.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have not found one yet for I have the same problem. If I do find one, I will let you know.