Thread: Hardy Bug? Losing music playback during current session

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hardy Bug? Losing music playback during current session

I have no other way to describe what is happening to me other than what the title says.

First off, I am using Hardy off a fresh install. Second, I prefer to use Amarok when possible. Third, I sometimes try Exaile, to see the progress of a program with a lot of promise.

Now, here is the problem.

It started this morning after the updates, and I'm not totally sure I can recall what they all were. However, after that update, I was unable to get any music file to play on my machine (ogg, mp3, or wma). After a reboot, however, everything worked fine. I could play music files in Amarok or Exaile. However, while I was using Amarok, I launched the cover manager, which caused Amarok to freeze, so I killed the application through the system monitor.

No problems, or so I thought. After doing so, I am once again stuck in the place that does not allow me to play any music files. I have attempted to launch them with the default movie player, and that does not work, nor does Amarok or Exaile. Launching each of these programs in the terminal doesn't yield anything out of the ordinary.

Is this a known bug? If not, how can I report it? (I really don't understand launchpad, but I'm willing to learn if it will help others). Is there a workaround?
    Loving Ubuntu every step of the way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Hardy Bug? Losing music playback during current session

I thought I should update this post, as it seems to have gotten worse.

After I close a music player, I am unable to resume music playback. In other words, when I first boot up my machien, I can play music files as normal. However, if I close the music player and then re-open it, I am unable to play any music files.

As a further annoyance, I do not have any sound at all! Help! Video files do not play sounds, nor do any other applications that should produce sound. What do I do?
    Loving Ubuntu every step of the way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Hardy Bug? Losing music playback during current session

I have the exact same problem! Unfortunately I'm clueless as to how to fix it...