Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Beans

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

I just manually removed anything I could remember installing - bluetooth, Bluz, anything to do with sound like pulse audio, ad nauseum.

I'm hoping 8.10 fixes all this natively.

Meanwhile I'll evaluate some hardware that allegedly lets me use my cordless phone with Skype - not elegant, but if it works what can I say.

So very interesting what works 'out of the box' and what doesn't with the various OSes.

Beans

i followed all the steps. at step #10. when pressing volume up. to get it to ask for pin. that never worked.
    i even tried the bluez-pin in address name etc. it did ask me for pin to connect. but that wasnt doing anything.

and in my sound config. i did change vol and mic for the device.

when i finally got the system to ask ME. for the pin.
    it was when i did the test at step #14.

worked great.
    staticy in the test. ill recharge headset a little more thry and tweak.

thanks for this tutorial!!

Beans

The Bluetooth problems still exist in 8.10, although in a slightly different form.

The end result is the same though; it seems people are having problems connecting Bluetooth headsets.

See...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=968005&page=2

Beans

hi good help was able to pair my Cardo S2 headset still trying to get sound
    i would like to note that if you get the folloing error just do a hcitool hciX up

error:
    $ sudo hciconfig hci0 -a
    hci0: Type: USB
    BD Address: xxxxxxxxx ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
    UP RUNNING
    RX bytes:381 acl:0 sco:0 events:52 errors:0
    TX bytes:2148 acl:0 sco:0 commands:52 errors:0
    Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0x9b 0xff 0x79 0x83
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
    Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
    Can't read local name on hci0: Input/output error (5)<<<<<<<<<<<
    Last edited by |Eric|; December 13th, 2008 at 03:39 AM.

Beans

Cool Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Quote Originally Posted by digimark View Post
    HI,

Progress! I can run the arecord and a play and get white noise in my earpiece!!! however I cant hear the recording! running alsamixer and the mic part is at 00 and wont let me increase volume?

Also despite this i should get something in Skype and although I can see the device in the sounds config in skype it doesnt work - just keeps saying 'problem with Audio playback' - it works fine onthe main laptop speakers and mic.....

any thoughts?

/M
    Quote Originally Posted by eljenso View Post
    I followed the instructions step by step, and it works. Thanks a lot! However, since I changed my bluetooth device, I have not been able to play back to my headset anymore...

I can still record voice, e.g. with arecord, and also play the recorded file with aplay on my notebook speakers. If I try to play the same file on my headset, the headset turns on, but the file will not be played. The headset remains turned on until I kill aplay...

Any ideas what's going wrong? Has anybody had (and maybe solved) the same problem? Thanks for any replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by fh_scott View Post
    I have two headsets. Plantronics 510 and Jawbone2. The Plantronics works perfectly, the Jawbone2 behaves like yours.

This behavior is identical on my x86 and x64 systems.

No idea.

-scott
    Same problem here! I can record just fine and play it back on my desktop speakers, but I can't hear anything through my headset except dead air.

I used this walkthrough to hook up this headset to my laptop yesterday and it worked great. Thanks!

-Scott

Beans

Re: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Quote Originally Posted by ghuqu View Post
    Alright I did as instructed and so far so good until I tested it. When I input $ arecord -D bluetooth -f s16_LE test.wav
    I received this; Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
    Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 8000Hz, got = 16000Hz)
    please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:bluetooth)

What does this mean?
    I think it means your headset doesn't support the default rate of 8000Hz. Try

$ arecord -D bluetooth -r 16000 -f s16_LE test.wav

Hope this helps.

Beans

Hi there

I still haven't solved my problem yet:

I can still record voice, e.g. with arecord, and also play the recorded file with aplay on my notebook speakers. If I try to play the same file on my headset, the headset turns on, but the file will not be played. The headset remains turned on until I kill aplay...
    I have no clue what's going wrong and would still be grateful for any hints. If I type 'hciconfig -a', I get this output:

hci0: Type: USB
    BD Address: XXXXXXXXXX ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:0
    UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
    RX bytes:1329619 acl:254 sco:25853 events:284 errors:0
    TX bytes:6141 acl:220 sco:0 commands:127 errors:0
    Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8d 0xfe 0x9b 0xf9 0x00 0x80
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
    Link mode: ACCEPT MASTER
    Name: 'T1000-2'
    Class: 0x0800ca
    Service Classes: Capturing
    Device Class: Miscellaneous,
    HCI Ver: 2.0 (0x3) HCI Rev: 0x403d LMP Ver: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subver: 0x430e
    Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

Does anyone see anything that could bge wrong here? Thanx a lot in advance for any replies!

Beans

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04, Bluetooth headsets & Skype

Hi there,

has anybody tried this installation on Jaunty 9.04? I have recently upgraded from Hardy to Jaunty and there I am struggling with this step:

Quote Originally Posted by psyke777 View Post
    9) load bluetooth SCO drivers
    $ sudo modprobe snd_bt_sco
    $ sudo modprobe sco
    You might want to put these in /etc/modules
    Apparently, these drivers do not exist anymore in jaunty. Does anyone know whether any other drivers replace them? Maybe someone knows how to get a bluetooth headset running with Skype in a different way? Thanx a lot in advance for your answer!

Beans

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04, Bluetooth headsets & Skype

Hi there,

has anybody tried this installation on Jaunty 9.04? I have recently upgraded from Hardy to Jaunty and there I am struggling with this step:

Apparently, these drivers do not exist anymore in jaunty. Does anyone know whether any other drivers replace them? Maybe someone knows how to get a bluetooth headset running with Skype in a different way? Thanx a lot in advance for your answer!
    I actually got my headset working with Skype, but the person on the other end said all he could hear was static... I guess I will look at that issue later.

I haven't tried this specifically with Skype, but got a bluetooth headset to work with Ekiga earlier today: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1152229. Much more point and click (after you upgrade the relevant packages)

I know Skype doesn't recognize PulseAudio, but you can go from there and interface with ALSA.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast