Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241
Results 2,401 to 2,402 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

I can't contribute much due to being in the Pleistocene epoch (NVIDIA GT 240...queue laugh track).

I'm not sure how much of that patch mentioned in the PDF is outdated. It does provide a scaling filter, nvresize, which was submitted to ffmpeg-devel (see "have some major changes for nvenc support") but never went anywhere, AFAIK.

If you are interested the FFmpeg Wiki could use some more user friendly NVENC related info at:
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    So I have created a little time now in which I would like to test out nvenc and perhaps write up a page of the comparison. I am a little lucky in having a GTX 750 Ti GM107-400-A2 which for me means I have a card with Maxwell microarchitecture and a good run at nvenc.

How to test could get a good start here:

http://developer.download.nvidia.com...ntu_UG_v01.pdf

but I am curious to know if anybody here has already done some testing?
    Minor as I'm waiting for a replacement laptop (the vendor was unable to honor orig. warranty in timely fashion so I choose full refund in store credit vs. prorated cash.
    So atm only a 775m which seems a bit hobbled here.

Noticed that both a ffmpeg wiki & pdf have some parameters that don't work or don't work on this hardware. Also hardware doesn't seem to support hevc_nvenc so only tried h264. For similar quality encodings nvenc was usually twice as fast though not exactly sure what nvenc full parameters used are as they aren't reported or tagged, at least looking via mediainfo.

ffmpeg reports these for h264_nvenc
    Code:
    Encoder h264_nvenc [NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder]:
        General capabilities: delay 
        Threading capabilities: none
        Supported pixel formats: yuv420p nv12 p010le yuv444p yuv444p16le bgr0 rgb0
    h264_nvenc AVOptions:
      -preset            <int>        E..V.... Set the encoding preset (from 0 to 11) (default medium)
         default                      E..V.... 
         slow                         E..V.... hq 2 passes
         medium                       E..V.... hq 1 pass
         fast                         E..V.... hp 1 pass
         hp                           E..V.... 
         hq                           E..V.... 
         bd                           E..V.... 
         ll                           E..V.... low latency
         llhq                         E..V.... low latency hq
         llhp                         E..V.... low latency hp
         lossless                     E..V.... 
         losslesshp                   E..V.... 
      -profile           <int>        E..V.... Set the encoding profile (from 0 to 3) (default main)
         baseline                     E..V.... 
         main                         E..V.... 
         high                         E..V.... 
         high444p                     E..V.... 
      -level             <int>        E..V.... Set the encoding level restriction (from 0 to 51) (default auto)
         auto                         E..V.... 
         1                            E..V.... 
         1.0                          E..V.... 
         1b                           E..V.... 
         1.0b                         E..V.... 
         1.1                          E..V.... 
         1.2                          E..V.... 
         1.3                          E..V.... 
         2                            E..V.... 
         2.0                          E..V.... 
         2.1                          E..V.... 
         2.2                          E..V.... 
         3                            E..V.... 
         3.0                          E..V.... 
         3.1                          E..V.... 
         3.2                          E..V.... 
         4                            E..V.... 
         4.0                          E..V.... 
         4.1                          E..V.... 
         4.2                          E..V.... 
         5                            E..V.... 
         5.0                          E..V.... 
         5.1                          E..V.... 
      -rc                <int>        E..V.... Override the preset rate-control (from -1 to INT_MAX) (default -1)
         constqp                      E..V.... Constant QP mode
         vbr                          E..V.... Variable bitrate mode
         cbr                          E..V.... Constant bitrate mode
         vbr_minqp                    E..V.... Variable bitrate mode with MinQP
         ll_2pass_quality              E..V.... Multi-pass optimized for image quality (only for low-latency presets)
         ll_2pass_size                E..V.... Multi-pass optimized for constant frame size (only for low-latency presets)
         vbr_2pass                    E..V.... Multi-pass variable bitrate mode
      -rc-lookahead      <int>        E..V.... Number of frames to look ahead for rate-control (from -1 to INT_MAX) (default -1)
      -surfaces          <int>        E..V.... Number of concurrent surfaces (from 0 to INT_MAX) (default 32)
      -cbr               <boolean>    E..V.... Use cbr encoding mode (default false)
      -2pass             <boolean>    E..V.... Use 2pass encoding mode (default auto)
      -gpu               <int>        E..V.... Selects which NVENC capable GPU to use. First GPU is 0, second is 1, and so on. (from -2 to INT_MAX) (default any)
         any                          E..V.... Pick the first device available
         list                         E..V.... List the available devices
      -delay             <int>        E..V.... Delay frame output by the given amount of frames (from 0 to INT_MAX) (default INT_MAX)
      -no-scenecut       <boolean>    E..V.... When lookahead is enabled, set this to 1 to disable adaptive I-frame insertion at scene cuts (default false)
      -b_adapt           <boolean>    E..V.... When lookahead is enabled, set this to 0 to disable adaptive B-frame decision (default true)
      -spatial-aq        <boolean>    E..V.... set to 1 to enable Spatial AQ (default false)
      -temporal-aq       <boolean>    E..V.... set to 1 to enable Temporal AQ (default false)
      -zerolatency       <boolean>    E..V.... Set 1 to indicate zero latency operation (no reordering delay) (default false)
      -nonref_p          <boolean>    E..V.... Set this to 1 to enable automatic insertion of non-reference P-frames (default false)
      -strict_gop        <boolean>    E..V.... Set 1 to minimize GOP-to-GOP rate fluctuations (default false)
      -aq-strength       <int>        E..V.... When Spatial AQ is enabled, this field is used to specify AQ strength. AQ strength scale is from 1 (low) - 15 (aggressive) (from 1 to 15) (default 8)
      -cq                <int>        E..V.... Set target quality level (0 to 51, 0 means automatic) for constant quality mode in VBR rate control (from 0 to 51) (default 0)

Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241