Page 177 of 241 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Red face Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Hello. I'm experiencing sort of problem. First of all i never ever used any Linux before and installed Xubuntu yesterday. And i did it mainly because of ffmpeg. I need to use some functions from its libraries. So i installed it following this guide. It works ( i mean works as tool to convert/encode/decode video/audio and so on ). After that i installed Codelite as IDE. All i need now is to include ffmpeg libraries to my project.

1) Here is a trouble number 1. ffmpeg installed in two directories. First one is /ffmpeg/ in my user's directory - i mean /home/username/ffmpeg/ and second one is /usr/local/bin/ and /usr/local/include/ and /usr/local/lib/. I don't understand why is it so and what libraries should i use for linking to my project. As far as i configure both x264 and ffmpeg as static (--enable-static) there are only .a libraries ( static ). They seems to be equal both in /ffmpeg/ subfolders and /usr/local/lib/. But i don't know what to use and why. I just thought that if i built something inside its own directory it shouldn't somehow go somewhere else but i'm obviously incorrect.

2) I've tried to use static libraries from /home/username/ffmpeg when linking to the project. I know that it's possible to use static and shared libraries. I have only static so i need to link it. In project properties i've added library path like that ../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/ and so on, and specified libs by ../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec as far as linker deprecates 'lib' and '.a'. When i'm trying to build it, it compiles successfully but linking stage give me error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec, though there is a file named libavcodec.a. I don't understand if /usr/local/lib is part of some PATH_TO_LIB global variable or something and it collides with my mentioned path in IDE or am i just missing something fundamental.

3) I've tried to build shared versions of x264 and ffmpeg. x264 builds shared well, but after that ffmpeg build fails with something like ".....x264.a(common.o)...try to compile with -fPic option". I just can't provide it exactly right now but i will do it anytime if necessary.

I understand that maybe it's the wrong place for such types of questions or i can find all answers in google or i just need to read some fundamental books before trying to make it work but i just don't know from what i should start. Sorry for the wall of text.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Quote Originally Posted by beyored View Post
    1) Here is a trouble number 1. ffmpeg installed in two directories. First one is /ffmpeg/ in my user's directory - i mean /home/username/ffmpeg/ and second one is /usr/local/bin/ and /usr/local/include/ and /usr/local/lib/. I don't understand why is it so and what libraries should i use for linking to my project. As far as i configure both x264 and ffmpeg as static (--enable-static) there are only .a libraries ( static ). They seems to be equal both in /ffmpeg/ subfolders and /usr/local/lib/. But i don't know what to use and why. I just thought that if i built something inside its own directory it shouldn't somehow go somewhere else but i'm obviously incorrect.
    Generally if you build a program or library in a directory it will stay there, unless you do a "make install", or unless a build script runs such a command, which installs the appropriate goodies in system-wide directories so that all users on the system have access. So the binary executable went into /usr/local/bin/ and the header files (for other programs you need to compile that tap into the codebase) are in /usr/local/include/ and the static / shared libraries for linking are in /usr/local/lib/.

The residual files in ~/ffmpeg/ will remain but are no longer necessary. You can choose to blow them away if you'd like, or keep them around in case you'd like to do another re-compile.

When linking from another program, you can specify the directories to use from either your home area or the system-wide area -- it's completely up to you, provided, of course, that both locations hold the exact same compiles. Otherwise, if for example you tinkered with the one in your home directory and didn't install it system wide, and want to include those tinkerings in your other program's compile, you'll have to be sure to deliberately include those files.

2) I've tried to use static libraries from /home/username/ffmpeg when linking to the project. I know that it's possible to use static and shared libraries. I have only static so i need to link it. In project properties i've added library path like that ../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/ and so on, and specified libs by ../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec as far as linker deprecates 'lib' and '.a'. When i'm trying to build it, it compiles successfully but linking stage give me error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec, though there is a file named libavcodec.a. I don't understand if /usr/local/lib is part of some PATH_TO_LIB global variable or something and it collides with my mentioned path in IDE or am i just missing something fundamental.
    mehhhh I'm having a C brainfart but I think the options you want to use are -L../../../ffmpeg/libavcodec -lavcodec. Or if you want to use the ones installed on the system, -L/usr/local/lib -lavcodec. (Note: in my case the libavcodec.a file is in the /usr/local/lib directory.)

I always get those library switches confused.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by jwcalla View Post
    Generally if you build a program or library in a directory it will stay there, unless you do a "make install", or unless a build script runs such a command, which installs the appropriate goodies in system-wide directories so that all users on the system have access.
    Minor elaboration: 'make install' actually will install to the specified prefix named during the configure process. By default Ubuntu defines this as /usr/local, and thus 'make install' will put the binaries/libraries/headers there, but it doesn't have to. Other distros use /usr by itself; others might even use /opt.

For instance, whenever I'm building everything I install only a basic ffmpeg to a directory in $HOME, then install ffms2 to the same directory (and link it against the ffmpeg installed there), then install x264 (linking it against the $HOME installs of ffmpeg and ffms2) and a full ffmpeg to system. Keeps things cleaner that way. And of course, if I'm cross-compiling, then everything goes to such a custom prefix.

Beans

I'm guessing my problem is simple. When I try to "make" ffmpeg on Natty, i get the following"
    CC libavcodec/crystalhd.o
    In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:82:0:
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_types.h:64:14: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘bc_bool_t’
    In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:84:0:
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:149:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:177:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:215:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:255:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:300:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:339:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:371:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:402:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:452:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:486:16: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:522:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:569:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:604:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:635:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:666:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:695:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:726:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:757:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:786:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:829:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:878:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:908:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:954:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:990:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1031:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1068:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1104:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1138:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1170:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1198:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1228:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1265:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1298:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1329:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1363:14: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1393:21: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1423:10: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1451:10: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1478:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:1507:13: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hDevice’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:125:5: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘HANDLE’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:152:7: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sWidth’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:153:7: warning: missing braces around initializer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:153:7: warning: (near initialization for ‘options[0].default_val’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘id2subtype’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:177:20: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘is_nal’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘opaque_list_push’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:238:14: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:240:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:240:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:242:39: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘tail’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:242:45: error: ‘AVOption’ has no member named ‘fake_timestamp’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:242:33: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:243:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘tail’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:243:19: error: ‘AVOption’ has no member named ‘next’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:243:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:245:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘tail’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:245:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘opaque_list_pop’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:261:28: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:261:24: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:263:14: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:273:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:273:19: error: ‘AVOption’ has no member named ‘fake_timestamp’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:273:36: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:274:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:274:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:276:18: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:276:24: error: ‘AVOption’ has no member named ‘next’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:277:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘tail’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:277:30: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:277:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:293:20: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘tail’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:293:16: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘flush’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:317:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:317:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:318:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘output_ready’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:318:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:319:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:319:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:320:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘skip_next_output’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:320:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:321:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘decode_wait’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:321:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:327:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsFlushInput’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:327:23: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘uninit’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:334:5: error: ‘HANDLE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:334:5: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:334:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:334:12: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘device’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:336:5: error: ‘device’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:336:18: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:336:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:337:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsStopDecoder’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:338:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsCloseDecoder’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:339:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsDeviceClose’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:341:25: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:341:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_parser_close’ from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/avcodec.h:4110:6: note: expected ‘struct AVCodecParserContext *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:342:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:343:39: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:343:9: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_bitstream_filter_close’ from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/avcodec.h:4138:6: note: expected ‘struct AVBitStreamFilterContext *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:346:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sps_pps_buf’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:346:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_free’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    ./libavutil/mem.h:97:6: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:351:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:352:31: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘head’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:352:27: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘init’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:370:24: error: ‘FALSE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:370:9: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:371:24: error: ‘TRUE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:371:9: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:372:37: error: ‘vdecFrameRate59_94’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:372:35: error: invalid operands to binary | (have ‘unsigned int’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:372:56: error: invalid operands to binary | (have ‘const struct AVOption *’ and ‘int’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:372:9: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:384:21: error: ‘vdecRESOLUTION_1080p23_976’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:384:21: error: invalid operands to binary << (have ‘const struct AVOption *’ and ‘int’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:383:46: error: invalid operands to binary | (have ‘int’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:379:21: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:394:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘is_nal’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:394:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:395:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:395:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:396:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘decode_wait’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:396:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:415:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:415:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:416:22: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:422:44: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:423:40: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_bitstream_filter_filter’ from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/avcodec.h:4134:5: note: expected ‘struct AVBitStreamFilterContext *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:425:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sps_pps_buf’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:425:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:426:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sps_pps_size’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:426:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:430:38: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sps_pps_buf’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:430:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:431:38: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sps_pps_size’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:431:32: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:454:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sWidth’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:456:43: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘sWidth’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:456:37: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:462:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsDeviceOpen’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:462:30: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:468:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsCrystalHDVersion’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:468:35: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:474:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘is_70012’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:474:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:476:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘is_70012’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:483:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsSetInputFormat’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:483:33: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:489:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsOpenDecoder’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:489:30: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:495:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsSetColorSpace’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:495:32: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:500:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsStartDecoder’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:500:31: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:505:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsStartCapture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:505:31: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:512:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:512:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:513:18: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:517:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:517:9: error: assignment of read-only location ‘*(const struct AVOption *)&<erroneous-expression>’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:517:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘copy_frame’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:542:53: error: ‘VDEC_FLAG_BOTTOMFIELD’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:542:51: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:544:55: error: ‘VDEC_FLAG_BOTTOM_FIRST’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:544:53: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:577:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsGetDriverStatus’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:577:34: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:601:50: error: ‘VDEC_FLAG_UNKNOWN_SRC’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:601:48: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:602:28: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:612:47: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:612:40: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:612:70: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:619:43: error: ‘VDEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_SRC’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:619:41: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:630:35: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:633:9: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:633:50: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:633:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:645:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘is_70012’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:691:14: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:703:47: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:713:16: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘need_second_field’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:714:36: error: invalid operands to binary & (have ‘uint32_t’ and ‘const struct AVOption *’)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘receive_frame’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:728:5: error: ‘HANDLE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:728:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:728:12: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:733:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsProcOutputNoCopy’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:733:31: error: ‘dev’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:742:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:742:36: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:747:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:747:17: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:751:54: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bframe_bug’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:754:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:754:17: error: lvalue required as increment operand
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:754:17: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:755:17: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsReleaseOutputBuffs’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:755:50: error: ‘FALSE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:761:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:761:40: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:774:20: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:774:16: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:780:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘last_picture’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:780:17: error: lvalue required as increment operand
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:780:17: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ‘decode’:
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:811:5: error: ‘HANDLE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:811:5: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:811:12: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘dev’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:812:5: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:817:34: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bframe_bug’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:823:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bframe_bug’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:823:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:824:40: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bframe_bug’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:830:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bframe_bug’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:830:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:834:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsTxFreeSize’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:834:50: error: ‘dev’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:836:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:841:21: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:842:54: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘bsfc’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:844:50: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_bitstream_filter_filter’ from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/avcodec.h:4134:5: note: expected ‘struct AVBitStreamFilterContext *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:851:38: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:851:46: error: ‘AVOption’ has no member named ‘priv_data’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:851:34: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:853:46: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘parser’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:855:42: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_parser_parse2’ from incompatible pointer type
    libavcodec/avcodec.h:4099:5: note: expected ‘struct AVCodecParserContext *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:898:13: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DtsProcInput’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:918:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘skip_next_output’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:920:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘skip_next_output’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:920:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:939:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘output_ready’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:939:28: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:941:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘output_ready’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:941:13: error: lvalue required as increment operand
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:941:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:953:13: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘decode_wait’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:953:9: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:981:28: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘decode_wait’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:981:17: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘usleep’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
    /usr/include/unistd.h:457:12: note: expected ‘__useconds_t’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:998:17: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘skip_next_output’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:998:13: warning: statement with no effect
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:1009:16: error: ‘CHDContext’ has no member named ‘decode_wait’
    libavcodec/crystalhd.c:1009:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘usleep’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
    /usr/include/unistd.h:457:12: note: expected ‘__useconds_t’ but argument is of type ‘const struct AVOption *’
    make: *** [libavcodec/crystalhd.o] Error 1
    Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgte View Post
    I'm guessing my problem is simple. When I try to "make" ffmpeg on Natty, i get the following"

Any suggestions?
    CrystalHD-related errors were brought up about 4 weeks ago, and since I didn't get the chance to really ask then, I will now:

Was this ffmpeg one of the release tarballs (0.6.3 or 0.7-rc1) or a git clone? Because these errors point to a situation where there was an error in the code itself, and thus it would probably (and in the case of 4 weeks ago, clearly did) throw this kind of stuff even when one does not have a Broadcom CrystalHD chip.

I don't even bother with the release tarballs, and have never seen this error arise from git. I would try this first if you haven't already. If the error remains, use the solution described here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1716

Beans

Thanks a bunch, that worked. I am using git, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Compile the latest ffmpeg and x264 from source

excellent article, just updated my natty - thanks heaps

Beans

Keen users of webm should note that now that patching is no longer necessary to get the libvpx presets as they have been absorbed into the FFmpeg source. Easy now to make quality webm files using FakeOutdoorsman's guide .
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

The ffmpeg x264 encoding guide link is no longer working. Please update this if possible.

Beans

Thanks for the notification. It appears that the server is down for maintenance. I just removed the link because it was outdated (due to the new -preset option) and no longer worked.

Page 177 of 241 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast