Page 126 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2402

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

mc4man,
    thanks for trying to help but the lucid ffmpeg (with extra libs) and x264 don't work with sanub's mlt. As I tried to explian mlt needs to be built against a particular ffmpeg installed. I have tried the lucid mlt package which is .5.4 and that doesn't work either as I end up getting conflicts with dependencies of libswscale or something like that.

i have veen tried to build an older version of ffmpeg but I get compiling errors also. There must be locations of files I am not removing or something which is why I really liked the google bash script but I just wish it would do a certain revision of svn.

as a side note I get this error at the end when trying to make ffmpeg r24084, do I just continue and do the checkinstall anyway?

libswscale/rgb2rgb.c: In function ‘palette8tobgr16’:
    libswscale/rgb2rgb.c:234: error: implicit declaration of function ‘av_bswap16’
    make: *** [libswscale/rgb2rgb.o] Error 1

checkinstall also fails:
    ========================= Installation results ===========================
    INSTALL libavdevice/libavdevice.a
    INSTALL libavfilter/libavfilter.a
    INSTALL libavformat/libavformat.a
    INSTALL libavcodec/libavcodec.a
    INSTALL libpostproc/libpostproc.a
    CC libswscale/rgb2rgb.o
    libswscale/rgb2rgb.c: In function ‘palette8tobgr16’:
    libswscale/rgb2rgb.c:234: error: implicit declaration of function ‘av_bswap16’
    make: *** [libswscale/rgb2rgb.o] Error 1

**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.
    Last edited by dannyboy79; September 6th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Beans

Hmmmm.... it will be of little help in this situation but in fact mlt 0.5.4 does compile against an up to date system svn FFmpeg and in fact I have just done this. The catch being that I compiled it on Slackware, perhaps there are a few hints in this build script? I will have a shot at kdenlive in the morning and see if it all hangs together, some monster dependencies in there though....

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hmmmm.... it will be of little help in this situation but in fact mlt 0.5.4 does compile against an up to date system svn FFmpeg and in fact I have just done this. The catch being that I compiled it on Slackware, perhaps there are a few hints in this build script? I will have a shot at kdenlive in the morning and see if it all hangs together, some monster dependencies in there though....

Andrew
    i was trying to build mlt .5.6 not .5.4. I just didn't know what to use for ./configure options. i will check out the link you provided thanks. this is driving me nuts.

Beans

I note in ./configure --help for mlt 5.4:

Code:
    NOTE: The recommended version of FFmpeg is SVN-r21322.
    There will no doubt be a similar recommendation in ./configure --help for mlt 5.6?

Edit: For mlt 5.6:

Code:
    andrew@skamandros~/Desktop/mlt-0.5.6$ ./configure --help | grep 'recommended version'
      NOTE: The recommended version of FFmpeg is 0.6.
    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.46; September 6th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have sunab's ppa added for KDENLIVE and I use x264 and ffmpeg as well as Mplayer via FO's and Andrew's instructions. I just applied effects via KDENLIVE to few movies and then saved them under various formats using x264 or ffmpeg and all of then worked out fine here.
    The finding of unity in variety is really what we call knowledge..... Vivekananda.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxforall View Post
    I have sunab's ppa added for KDENLIVE and I use x264 and ffmpeg as well as Mplayer via FO's and Andrew's instructions. I just applied effects via KDENLIVE to few movies and then saved them under various formats using x264 or ffmpeg and all of then worked out fine here.
    weird, his ffmpeg-trunk and sanub2 repos say they are for intrepid and older releases not lucid. I have tried to do it and I got a dependency error with

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    kdenlive: Depends: libavfilter-extra-0 but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

what version of melt are you using? if I could see your sources.list that would be cool. I am really stuck and irritated that this isn't working anymore. Could you please let me know what version of ffmpeg you're using all libraries? Everytime I try I get a zero length file if I try to encode to xvid or x264.

Beans

The lucid ffmpeg (with extra libs) and x264 don't work with sanub's mlt.
    Interesting because than why would he be publishing lucid packages built off of the lucid ffmpeg source. (without providing an updated ffmeg and libs.

There are 2 sunab ppa's, one just provides a mlt package and uses the lucid kdenlive version
    https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archiv...s_filter=lucid

The other (sunab2) provides both a kdenlive and mlt package
    https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archiv...s_filter=lucid

You've stated you're using the lucid kdenlive, if that's the case you should be using the stable ppa
    kdenlive = 7.7.1 (from ubuntu repos)
    If you're using sunab2 then you should be using his kdenlive package, not lucid's.

It's quite likely the kdenlive and mlt packakes from sunab2 will work with newer ffmpeg sources in addition to the default lucid versions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    weird, his ffmpeg-trunk and sanub2 repos say they are for intrepid and older releases not lucid. I have tried to do it and I got a dependency error with

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    kdenlive: Depends: libavfilter-extra-0 but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

what version of melt are you using? if I could see your sources.list that would be cool. I am really stuck and irritated that this isn't working anymore. Could you please let me know what version of ffmpeg you're using all libraries? Everytime I try I get a zero length file if I try to encode to xvid or x264.

Code:
    FFmpeg version SVN-r25050, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Sep  6 2010 23:40:30 with gcc 4.4.3
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab
      libavutil     50.25. 0 / 50.25. 0
      libavcore      0. 6. 0 /  0. 6. 0
      libavcodec    52.87. 1 / 52.87. 1
      libavformat   52.78. 3 / 52.78. 3
      libavdevice   52. 2. 1 / 52. 2. 1
      libavfilter    1.38. 1 /  1.38. 1
      libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.11. 0
      libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

kdenlive installed from https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/ppa
    The finding of unity in variety is really what we call knowledge..... Vivekananda.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxforall View Post
    Code:
    FFmpeg version SVN-r25050, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Sep  6 2010 23:40:30 with gcc 4.4.3
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab
      libavutil     50.25. 0 / 50.25. 0
      libavcore      0. 6. 0 /  0. 6. 0
      libavcodec    52.87. 1 / 52.87. 1
      libavformat   52.78. 3 / 52.78. 3
      libavdevice   52. 2. 1 / 52. 2. 1
      libavfilter    1.38. 1 /  1.38. 1
      libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.11. 0
      libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

kdenlive installed from https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/ppa
    something is very different between your setup and mine then. I already tried ffmpeg from svn r25042 along with kdenlive from lucid repo an mlt from sanub repo. U say u get kdenlive from sanub repo but that ppa doesn't have kdenlive, only mlt .5.6 for lucid. There's an option to encode to h264 and aac but the file I get is zero an when I run mediainfo on it there is no info. It contains no audio or video streams.

I never checked to make sure my location I'm writing to is full but I would have thought kdenlive wouldve thru an error saying it couldn't write to that location. Will be checking that first thing when I get home from today. On my iPhone currently. Thanks for telling me that works it's just very strange it doesn't for me not to mention dan from kdenlive and sanub both have told me due to ffmpeg API freequent changes it's not smart to run ffmpeg from svn with packages from lucid repo (kdenlive) and a ppa (mlt)

Beans

with packages from lucid repo (kdenlive) and a ppa (mlt)
    use the kdenlive from the ppa - sanab2 (linked above

Page 126 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast