Thread: [SOLVED] xmms in Hardy

Beans

[SOLVED] xmms in Hardy

How can I get xmms in Hardy
    I know that audacious is supposed to be ant alternative bu6t streamtuner does not recognize it I want to get shoutcast radio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: xmms in Hardy

i'm not sure why xmms wasn't included in hardy package anymore, but for me audicious is a good palyer to, so do beep media player. Related on the streamtuner you can refer to this post. Actually you can select either any media player by just change the "xmms" to other media player. Hope this may help. Refer to this thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=streamtuner
    failing is part of learning process

Beans

Probably they think that it is time to replace xmms with xmms2. But for me, it is not. I have tons of Monkey audio files (.ape), and current there is only an xmms-mac plugin, which could play those .ape files. I managed to have xmms installed on my hardy, but in order to install the plugin I need to have xmms-dev in place. But where do I find it?

Beans

I finally figured it out. Easy stuff if you do it a lot, but I just wanted to hear the streams!

Start Streamtuner, and go to Edit, Preferences. Click on the second column of the entry "Listen to a stream."
    Change "xmms %q" to "totem %q" and close Preferences.

That's it! I'm sure there are better players, but totem comes with Ubuntu, and should already be working.

Mike.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

that did it thanks
    failing organizations are over managed and under led.