YEEES! Finally I've made it all work. Here's an HOW-TO for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04:
1. Install some required modules with
2. and then run the following command
$ sudo apt-get install lirc lirc-modules-source module-assistant
3. Open the the hardware.conf file with this command
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source
4. Change two of the lines so they look like this:
$ sudo vi /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
Save and exit.
5. Run the following commands
6. Download one of the archives I've attached and extract/decompress the containing files "lircd.conf" and "lircrc". Put them in /etc/lirc. (some dists don't have any archive manager, resolved by executing "sudo apt-get install unzip")
$ sudo m-a update,prepare
$ sudo m-a clean lirc
$ sudo m-a a-i -f lirc (if this one fails, choose "skip and continue with the next operation")
$ sudo depmod -a
7. Now download the lirc_mod_mce v.0.1.5 file from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=203215, but be sure to download version 0.1.5 and NOT the v0.2.0 or v0.2.1. The later ones has the famous "keypress repeats forever"-bug and should be avoided. Extract/decompress the archive in a new directory on e.g. your desktop.
8. Delete the downloaded "lirc_dev.h" file and replace it with the one located in "/usr/src/%YOUR_LIRC_VERSION%/drivers/lirc_dev"
9. In the file named "lirc_mod_mce.c", you have to change one of the lines:
Save and exit.
input_dev->cdev.dev = &dev->dev;
input_dev->dev.parent = &dev->dev;
10. Now execute, in your desktop directory containing the lirc_mod_mce files:
11. Create a new directory in "/lib/modules/%YOUR_CURRENT_KERNEL%" and name it "misc".
12. Some extra files have been created in the desktop "lirc_mod_mce" directory.
One of them is "lirc_mod_mce.ko". Copy it to the new directory you just created in step 11.
14. At last we have to blacklist the "lirc_mceusb2" module. Otherwise it will
sudo depmod -a
interfere with the "lirc_mod_mce" one and make all of our work useless. Execute:
and add the line
$ sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
on an own row e.g. in the bottom of the file. Save and close.
16. And VOILA! Your MCE Keyboard should be working!