Thread: No sound with audacity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

No sound with audacity

I am having a no sound issue with audacity. I have been thru the preferences and select all the different types of audio port no luck. However there is one thing worth noting is that some of the port audacity will visually play the sound while most of the audio port it will just give me an error message. Please help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: No sound with audacity

okay, which options visually play the file? also, run alsamixer and double check all the levels (and that they're not muted). lastly, make sure firefox and all other audio apps are closed while troubleshooting any audio.
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thumbs down Re: No sound with audacity

Quote Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
    okay, which options visually play the file? also, run alsamixer and double check all the levels (and that they're not muted). lastly, make sure firefox and all other audio apps are closed while troubleshooting any audio.
    O my goodness never mind it is fixed!. I just did an update to the latest ubuntu distro 8.04 and switch the playback device to ALSA: default. I can even run audacity with other sound programs and they will run all at once! Which is something I could never do before in the past it would just lock up the port. Go figure. Here is a screenshot of my settings
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: No sound with audacity

What's your system's sound configuration?