Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus Xonar DX

gmjs is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Asus Xonar DX

If it's any help (probably not!) I;m trying to get this card to run under Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit and am having exactly the same problems.

I've tried alsa-1.0.18r3 as suggested on their site. The drivers compile and install, lspci can find the card, but /proc/asound/modules only ever lists the onboard sound (which I have switched off in the BIOS as I dual boot with Windows - and the card works in that of course !

This would suggest that it's not a 64-bit issue.

I'm very interested if someone can get this to work. I'm clean out of ideas!

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I built a new rig in July and installed Intrepid via Wubi in Vista Ultimate and while there are now proper drivers for it it works very well with the supplied alsa ones. When I select the digital Asus Virtuoso drivers, i get nothing at all, with the analog ones I get a weird crackling noise whenever I pla anything but very smooth sound afterwards, but I basically just have everything set to Autodetect and it works a charm

Beans

If your Asus Xonar DX sound card isn't automatically detected by Ubuntu 8.04.2 Desktop 32bits the below installation script is the easiest way that I know of to install & configure any sound card. It's a script made by soundcheck. It does all the hard manual setup process for you. Click here to open the post, then find the latest installation script attached at the bottom. Current installation script is title AlsaUpgrade-1.0.x-rev-1.17.tar.

If the script works for you please add your results here:

Last edited by Francewhoa; May 23rd, 2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: fixing link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12