Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: How to VMWare Server 1.0.6 and 2.0 RC1 in Ubuntu 8.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: How to VMWare Server 1.0.6 and 2.0 RC1 in Ubuntu 8.04

You are most welcome , glad the tutorial worked.

My personal impression was Server 2 was slower. I did not do benchmarks and some people have commented that machines migrated from 1.0.x to 2.y are slower.

Try making a new machine perhaps ?
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

RealG187 is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans

I think it's just booting that takes longer. Not sure if I want to take the time to make a new machine...

Beans

respected learned ones,
    im sorry for posting such a big output but i couldnt help but ask you all about my problem. I was religiously following the steps mentioned in earlier pages but at step 4 i received the following output.If you could please tell me what may be wrong i am having my first hand at Linux.
    thank you in advance...

tar: vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_rps.so: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_securetty.so
    tar: vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_securetty.so: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_shells.so
    tar: vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_shells.so: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_stack.so
    tar: vmware-server-distrib/lib/lib/libpam.so.0/security/pam_stack.so: Cannot open: No such file or directory

Edit bodhi.zazen : I clipped the output. Please use attachments (attach it a a .txt file) for long output like that.

For everyone else, it was a long list of the same error over and over, same error message , different directory.
    Last edited by bodhi.zazen; March 14th, 2009 at 07:50 AM.

Beans

i am using ubuntu 8.04 LTS desktop edition running on AMD athlon(64 bit) processor on an ASUS M2V-TVM board with 1 Gb of RAM.....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I clipped your output a bit.

What command did you run exactly and where did you place the vmware tar ?

My guess is you either have a permissions problem (use sudo) or a corrupt archive (tar). Check the md5sum.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

sir
    i followed the steps again and my vmware is up and running like a charm thank you all for the really helpful post.
    next i was facing problems with sound and usb not being detected in Windows Xp which i have installed as a guest OS and now that also is solved.If any help required i can post a quick solution but thank you all once again....

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435