Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skype (P2P connect failed)

Beans

Re: Skype (P2P connect failed)

Same thing here for me, in Portugal... they say we are 40 years behind the rest of europe, but when Skype crashes *then* we're on time.

And here I was, thinking my country would survive 'till 2052.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Angry Re: Skype (P2P connect failed)

Here in Old Blighty, Skype showed vague glimmers of life a couple of hours ago. I.e. we could actually log in!. However, we could not connect to anyone, not even the Skype Call Test Service.

Now we cannot even log in at all. Tried on several machines. Mrs Goose tried her account too. Same silly red message:- "P2P connect failed".

Seems Skype's so-called supernodes are currently super no's. Lol.

Definitely a problem with Skype and not our faithful ole 'Bunty!

Best wishes, G.
    There is a theory that if ever anyone discovers what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced with something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that this has already happened. [D.A.]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Angry Re: Skype (P2P connect failed)

Update!

Just logged in to Skype! Yippee! Still can't actually connect to anyone though.

Ho hum. I'm going to forget about Skype for the evening and crack open a bottle of Old Speckled Hen instead. Who knows, I might even get some work done too! lol.

Mind you, I blame Mrs Goose. I reckon that she single-handedly broke Skype by chatting to so many of her friends simultaneously, that she wore out their batteries - or something.

Good night all! G.
    Last edited by Mr.Goose; December 23rd, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
    There is a theory that if ever anyone discovers what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced with something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that this has already happened. [D.A.]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Same here. I thought it is a local problem, tried 2 PCs and it did not work. Then I tried my Windows install and it logged in but could not connect to anyone!
    Hope this gets fixed quickly...
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same problem, UK, Bunty 10.04 hopefully they'll have it sorted soon
    Get out of my way.

Beans

Looks like Skype problem:
    See Quote below from Skype.

As I was trying, it just started working for me now.

Good Luck to others!

Skype downtime today
    Earlier today, we noticed that the number of people online on Skype was falling, which wasn’t typical or expected, so we began to investigate.

Skype isn’t a network like a conventional phone or IM network – instead, it relies on millions of individual connections between computers and phones to keep things up and running. Some of these computers are what we call ‘supernodes’ – they act a bit like phone directories for Skype. If you want to talk to someone, and your Skype app can’t find them immediately (for example, because they’re connecting from a different location or from a different device) your computer or phone will first try to find a supernode to figure out how to reach them.

Under normal circumstances, there are a large number of supernodes available. Unfortunately, today, many of them were taken offline by a problem affecting some versions of Skype. As Skype relies on being able to maintain contact with supernodes, it may appear offline for some of you.

What are we doing to help? Our engineers are creating new ‘mega-supernodes’ as fast as they can, which should gradually return things to normal. This may take a few hours, and we sincerely apologise for the disruption to your conversations. Some features, like group video calling, may take longer to return to normal.
    Enterprise products including Skype Connect and Skype Manager continue to function normally.

Customers using the enterprise version of Skype for Windows may still experience delays signing in.

Stay tuned to @skype on Twitter for the latest updates on the situation – and many thanks for your continued patience in the meantime.

Beans

I can connect on my phone, but through Ubuntu (10.04) I keep getting the "P2P connect failed". removed my folder, then trying to remove skype completely using Synaptic. Reinstalled. Still getting it.

I removed a USB headset at the end of a voice call, and that is when my problems began. I could have done something in the incorrect order, but ... I've had such a frustration with Skype and Ubuntu. I use it under Windows (XP and 7), Mac OSX 10.6.x, and Ubuntu 10.04. Only Ubuntu gives me these problems so far. We use it to communicate at work, so it's kinda frustrating when it is always giving me trouble.

Beans

This is what caused my problems:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...mpage=category

When I start Skype now I'm logged in within a second.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Anyone else having problems with lots of freezes/dropped calls?

Beans

Just go to the skype setting and change the incoming connection port number

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast