Hi everyone, I am a bit of a newbie here and while I'm learning things pretty quick, I think I did something pretty bad. I was trying to get an application to work and I was following some online instructions to fix it.

The instructions called for downloading an archive file that had a folder called /lib in it. I was to move this to my /usr/lib folder.

So I downloaded it, opened up a terminal and went over to the directory it was in and typed

sudo mv /lib /usr/lib

Now, no commands work whatsoever. I cant run programs, open up a terminal or anything. Any time I try anything I get this error

If I type the command : ls

I get

bash: /bin/ls: No such file or directory

Funny thing is, the command "cd" works.

I have a nautilus window open and I went to my home folder and looked in the "bin" folder and the command "ls" and "sudo" (another command that doesnt work) are both there. There is no "cd" though.

Funny thing is, I dont even understand what I did wrong. Perhaps if I did, I might be able to find a solution.

So, can someone please help me understand:

1) What I did wrong (I didnt even TOUCH the "bin" folder)

2) Any way to get things working again..

I dont want to reinstall if at all possible, I have about 80 gigs of photos, music and settings from over 6 months on this, and am unable to copy my home folder to anywhere else.