Thread: Installation Conflicts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Installation Conflicts

Alright, so I uninstalled Wine for a while because I figured I didn't need it and have been running raw Ubuntu since January all by itself. Now I need it to attempt [it didn't work last time] installing Photoshop, and I'm reinstalling it through terminal [gaining the files] and add/remove programs. It's there, I can install it, but when I try to, it says that Wine is conflicting another installed software, and to go into the synaptic package manager to resolve it.

How do I figure out what is wrong and what I need to do to fix it? I know what the package manager is and how to use it but yea, no idea which one is conflicting with Wine and what I need to do to resolve it. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installation Conflicts

- Could you show the output of:

sudo apt-get install wine

- Also, which ubuntu version are you using?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Installation Conflicts

It says:
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distro that some required packages have not yet been created or moved out of incoming. Since you own requested a single operation it is extremely likely that the package is simply not installable.

And then it listed some packages with unmet dependencies.

I believe I'm on 7.04. Update manager says 7.10 is available so I assume I'm on 7.04. Haha [In case you're wondering, I'm updating to the latest here in a bit]. Originally this was a dual-boot but Windows crashed and I was too lazy to mess with getting it back up so I just used Linux, but some of the problems seem to be repeating themselves on Linux so I'm downloading 8.04 and letting it take the whole drive.
    Last edited by xiveira; May 19th, 2008 at 09:57 AM.