Thread: Macbook running hot with Hardy?

Beans

Macbook running hot with Hardy?

I have seen a few post reporting a heat issue with ubuntu on a macbook. I am planning on setting up my triple boot this weekend, and was curious what problems you guys have experienced concerning fan or heat issues.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by JCasper; May 1st, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Beans

Re: Macbook running hot with Hardy?

Quote Originally Posted by JCasper View Post
    I have seen a few post reporting a heat issue with ubuntu on a macbook. I am planning on setting up my triple boot this weekend, and was curious what problems you guys have experienced concerning fan or heat issues.

Thanks a bunch!
    Yeah! It runs very HOT! (at least mine does) but just recently I had a post tittled "Ubuntu 8.04 issues in my macbook" here's the thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=774228
    I'm still working some small things out. Like the isight, and web video streaming, by far is not as good as Leopard or my Vista partition.
    OH yeah! my bad this thread is about heat...that link I gave you ought to help you a bit. (it did for me) Much quieter and cooler.
    But triple boot in a macbook should be no problem. I've had this 3x boot for 2 wks, no problems with the other partitions. I think I have a 1st or 2nd generation Macbook. Hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Macbook running hot with Hardy?

My MBP seems to be if anything a bit cooler. but it could also be that i'm used to it!

Russo
    Macbook Pro C2D
    Ubuntu 8.04