Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Vim R plugin installation issue

Beans

Re: Vim R plugin installation issue

Quote Originally Posted by snesterko View Post
    No, that doesn't work. I replaced the settings in my .vimrc with what you have recommended, and the behaviour is unchanged. There is no autocommenting and the ( has weird behaviour.

For autocommenting, it works for say .vim files, where " is the comment symbol, but doesn't for R files. This is bizarre.
    That's really strange! Do you have anything in ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/r.vim ?

Another test would be to make a backup of your .vim directory, delete the directory and then create a new one with just the Vim-R-plugin inside. Anyway, it seems that you are the only person experiencing this weird bug. Since I can't reproduce the bug, I can't be more helpful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Vim R plugin installation issue

I have .RData and .Rhistory under version control for some work I am busy with. After updating my local copy of the files on a second machine, I launched vim and hit F2. The screen window appeared briefly (empty) and them immediately closed.

I launched R in the folder and it returned an error message about a package not being installed and then terminated. I solved this by simply launching R from another folder and installing the missing package.

Is it possible for the plugin to detect/trap this condition and somehow report it? My initial thought was that the plugin was broken.
    Last edited by SabreWolfy; February 24th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWolfy View Post
    I have .RData and .Rhistory under version control for some work I am busy with. After updating my local copy of the files on a second machine, I launched vim and hit F2. The screen window appeared briefly (empty) and them immediately closed.
    Could you please provide a sample script that would create such a problematic workspace?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Package P is installed on Computer 1. A .R file is then edited. At some point, Package P is loaded into the workspace. The workspace is saved (into a version control folder). The folder is updated to the repository.

On Computer 2, the local copy is updated so the new workspace is now present. The same .R file is edited and F2 is pressed to load R. R loads in the folder where the workspace is saved and attempts to load the existing workspace. This workspace requires Package P which is not installed on Computer 2.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWolfy View Post
    Package P is installed on Computer 1. A .R file is then edited. At some point, Package P is loaded into the workspace. The workspace is saved (into a version control folder). The folder is updated to the repository.

On Computer 2, the local copy is updated so the new workspace is now present. The same .R file is edited and F2 is pressed to load R. R loads in the folder where the workspace is saved and attempts to load the existing workspace. This workspace requires Package P which is not installed on Computer 2.
    It seems that this is not valid for all packages. Could you please tell what specific package is causing the problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jalvesaq View Post
    It seems that this is not valid for all packages. Could you please tell what specific package is causing the problem?
    I can't recall at the moment. If it is not a general problem, then please don't worry. If it happens again I'll post more details.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jalvesaq View Post
    That's really strange! Do you have anything in ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/r.vim ?

Another test would be to make a backup of your .vim directory, delete the directory and then create a new one with just the Vim-R-plugin inside. Anyway, it seems that you are the only person experiencing this weird bug. Since I can't reproduce the bug, I can't be more helpful.
    Thanks for trying to help me out. I found a solution to the autocommenting issue, what made this work was

Code:
    autocmd FileType r setlocal formatoptions=croql
    Maybe, someone else on a macvim would benefit from this. Have a nice day!

Beans

I released an R package that I believe will interest most people subscribing to this thread: colorout (colorize R output in terminal emulators). The package is on CRAN and can be installed with the R command:
    Code:
    install.packages("colorout")
    Once loaded, the output starts to get colorized, but you can also set the colors using a 256 colors scheme. Please, read the package help for details. Version 0.9-4 does not recognize hexadecimal numbers and does not use the value of getOption("OutDec"), but the next version will do.

Beans

Hi,

I recently made small changes to my vim setup, which for some reason means that now every time I try to start R from gVim, gVim freezes. It still works from vim. The only changes have been to switch to Vundle, and added a couple of (mostly unrelated) plugins. Do you have any clue why gVim might be crashing like that?

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bgc View Post
    I recently made small changes to my vim setup, which for some reason means that now every time I try to start R from gVim, gVim freezes. It still works from vim. The only changes have been to switch to Vundle, and added a couple of (mostly unrelated) plugins. Do you have any clue why gVim might be crashing like that?
    Sorry, but I have no idea of what may be causing the problem. Does GVim freeze if you install the plugin outside Vundle?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast