Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

I don't think we put out an upgrade to fix ustream. Yes, ustream resets the buffer. But that's about the only workaround we have for this one.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thanks Thomasaaron, I didn't realize you had answered this.

Will just not enjoy Ustream
    Ubuntu User number is # 10719
    Linux user number 438760

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bump
    Did anybody found a solution for that problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not that I'm aware of. However, have you tried it in Jaunty 64-bit?
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Tested with Jaunty 64 bit, still a no go

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wondering if anyone found a solution -- I tested and Windows / OS X has no issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cprofitt View Post
    Wondering if anyone found a solution -- I tested and Windows / OS X has no issues.
    Yes and no. No as we are not going to see 64bit Ubuntu playing nice with Ustream until Adobe's alpha for 64bit Flash allows us to enable webcams/mics under Flash.

But the alpha does work great for YouTube though. That and you need to remove all instances of Flash first, though. This includes nspluginwrapper.

------------

Because I broadcast to Ustream with my webcam, I took my System76 notebook and loaded it up with 32bit Ubuntu. Works like a treat and the dual-core action still runs as if I had two CPUs.

Works great, could not be happier. Sometimes the best way to overcome something is just to walk around it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I ran into this with uStream.tv, stickam.com, and other sites that use the webcam where Flash just seemed to hose-up. One of my goals when I ordered my PanP5 was to stream using these sites, but the 64-bit alpha version of Flash doesn't support webcams (which I still can't get 64-bit Flash to work anyway) and neither does the wrapper for the 32-bit version. For me getting this working isn't worth downgrading to the 32-bit version of Ubuntu since everything else works, but it is quite frustrating.

If I could get the webcam to be picked-up through Virtualbox I might try the 32-bit version of Ubuntu or even Windows there, but thus far I can't get VirtualBox to see the webcam at all.

I do hope they come-out with a stable version of Flash for 64-bit Linux, but until then I'll stick with the Flash wrapper which has issues but at least works... most of the time anyway.

Take care --

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wink Re: ustream.tv issue but Flash is otherwise fine

Quote Originally Posted by samalex View Post
    I ran into this with uStream.tv, stickam.com, and other sites that use the webcam where Flash just seemed to hose-up. One of my goals when I ordered my PanP5 was to stream using these sites, but the 64-bit alpha version of Flash doesn't support webcams (which I still can't get 64-bit Flash to work anyway) and neither does the wrapper for the 32-bit version. For me getting this working isn't worth downgrading to the 32-bit version of Ubuntu since everything else works, but it is quite frustrating.

If I could get the webcam to be picked-up through Virtualbox I might try the 32-bit version of Ubuntu or even Windows there, but thus far I can't get VirtualBox to see the webcam at all.

I do hope they come-out with a stable version of Flash for 64-bit Linux, but until then I'll stick with the Flash wrapper which has issues but at least works... most of the time anyway.

Take care --

Sam
    Honestly, it is super doable just dual-partitioning both 64 & 32 bit Ubuntu versions. I mean, if going with 64 bit is that critical for you. Honestly, unless you are doing intensive video editing, you are not likely to notice any difference. Again, 32 bit runs great and works REALLY well with Ustream. But if you need 64 bit for something unusual that does better with 64 bit vs 32, another partition is going to yield vastly better results over VirtualBox based on my experiences.

Just my two cents.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by ctsdownloads View Post
    Honestly, it is super doable just dual-partitioning both 64 & 32 bit Ubuntu versions. I mean, if going with 64 bit is that critical for you. Honestly, unless you are doing intensive video editing, you are not likely to notice any difference. Again, 32 bit runs great and works REALLY well with Ustream. But if you need 64 bit for something unusual that does better with 64 bit vs 32, another partition is going to yield vastly better results over VirtualBox based on my experiences.

Just my two cents.
    It's not worth the time for me to setup a dual-boot system just for this. Streaming video through uStream/Stickam is more of a geewiz thing so I'm fine waiting for it to work with what I have.

I may post another tread though asking about the pro's and con's of running 32-bit or 64-bit Ubuntu on the PanP5 because this isn't the first time I've ran into this problem. I don't want to hijack the thread though, so I won't bother with this here.

Take care --

Sam

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast