Thread: highlighted radio/check boxes disappear

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Unhappy highlighted radio/check boxes disappear

I've been experiencing a problem where the selected radio button or checkbox in applications disappear. When it's a radio button, it's not too much of a problem, but on checkboxes it prevents me from determining which box is actually checked.

Is anyone experiencing a similar problem?

This isn't happening with all applications, but I haven't been able to narrow it down to a particular type of application.

The problem occurs within web sites, but not in Firefox's own dialogs. This also occurs withing the CompizConfig Settings Manager. I have been able to reproduce the problem under kwin.

More Information:

• Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
    • Video: nVidia GeForce 6200
      Code:
      $ lspci | grep VGA
      01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV44A [GeForce 6200] (rev a1)

$ dmesg | grep -i nvidia
      [   56.714594] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
      [   59.255946] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  169.12  Thu Feb 14 17:53:07 PST 2008

Thank you.

--
    -- Ghodmode
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Lightbulb Re: highlighted radio/check boxes disappear

I have stumbled across the solution accidentally. It was related to the theme that KDE was applying for GTK applications. I just installed another GTK application and, when I used it for the first time, it reported:
    The theme engine you are using, Qt, is incompatible with some of the features used by modern skins. The incompatible features have been disabled for this session.
    So, I changed the GTK theme (System Settings -> Appearance -> GTK Styles and Fonts) used to something else and the problem went away.

--
    -- Ghodmode