Thread: Looking for app to manage my small business

Beans

Looking for app to manage my small business

I am a computer tech and web developer. I have finally* switch to Ubuntu permanently and would like to find an application to manage clients, work orders, etc. Anyone know of a program that would do this on Ubuntu?

I've looked in add/remove and synaptic....nothing promising.
    Intel Pentium 4 Prescott HT 800MHz FSB, 2048 MB DDR2, 128MB NVidia Ti 4200 / 256MB ATI Radeon 9200, 2x 260GB Maxtor & 160GB Seagate, 580W PS. Unbuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron ***Modded Motorola cable modem***

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Looking for app to manage my small business

not that i'm aware of, but there are many web-based services that will give you just that. i'd go in that direction if I were you. even some that will do invoicing and such.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

homebank?
    gnucash?
    the kde one (forgot it's name..)

but as Mateo said.

web based is better, there must be some scripts or free services that do that.

Since u r a web developer u should not have any problem installing scripts n stuff
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans

Looks like I will use Mysql and a couple of the database apps available for Ubuntu. I am still green with linux, but so far so good in getting that setup. I'd rather find something I wont have to put the hours into developing.

Not always a easy way, I guess
    Intel Pentium 4 Prescott HT 800MHz FSB, 2048 MB DDR2, 128MB NVidia Ti 4200 / 256MB ATI Radeon 9200, 2x 260GB Maxtor & 160GB Seagate, 580W PS. Unbuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron ***Modded Motorola cable modem***

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by b3y0nd View Post
    I am a computer tech and web developer. I have finally* switch to Ubuntu permanently and would like to find an application to manage clients, work orders, etc. Anyone know of a program that would do this on Ubuntu?

I've looked in add/remove and synaptic....nothing promising.

Try SugarCRM.

Beans

Found CiteCRM. Looks good, about perfect really. MUCH easier and faster than creating my own. I didn't check out sugarCRM though, you using it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

No specific suggestions from me, except to check out http://www.sme-in-a-box.org/

It is a follow-up to a "FOSS for business" project the UN ran in Asia a couple of years ago. The site has recently been relaunched by someone who did some work for them packaging Ubuntu 6.06 with a range of business apps. The site updates and reviews stuff of specific interest to small and medium businesses. I came across it while researching a possible article on FOSS for the not-for-profit sector.

Both web based and desktop CRM packages are covered, along with a wide range of other packages.
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog