Thread: PSP videos stopped working

Beans

PSP videos stopped working

Recently, all of the videos that I have tried to convert to mp4 will not play on my PSP. This happened about a couple of weeks ago, around the time that I upgraded both to Hardy on my desktop and OFW 3.95 on my PSP. Before then, all videos that I converted worked flawlessly. Now, any new videos that I try to convert display "This video cannot be played." The old videos which I had previously converted, though, still work, leading me to believe that this is a problem with my OS upgrade. I was using PSPVC to convert my movies and, since being unable to play them, I have tried many different settings for bitrates and resolutions as well as mpeg4 vs h264 in both Avidemux and PSPVC with no luck. I have tried converting both 20 minute videos and full movies (both of which previously worked). Also, after converting the files, they seem to play fine using SMPlayer in Ubuntu with the correct adjusted resolution. If anybody has a suggestion, I'd be glad to hear it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: PSP videos stopped working

yay
    well... I mean at least I'm not the only one
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=791302
    sounds like it's quite likely the same problem, just that the PSP is more picky about what it'll play than an ipod

Beans

Try recompiling PSPVC. Might be some unmet lib dependency that is not reported.

Beans

That seems to have worked. Thanks very much.