Thread: Sleep Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Sleep Problem

"Your computer failed to hibernate. Check the help file for common problems."

I often get this message after resuming from hibernation on a Dell Latitude D830 and an XPS M1330 with Hardy Heron. This message would also pop up in Gutsy Gibbon. I've looked for some info on this and haven't found anything yet. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a solution?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Sleep Problem

The same thing here. I have an Asus V1SN, and I recently have been testing if hibernation works on it, as I want to save time not having to first boot Ubuntu normally and then boot my virtual Windows XP inside VMware.

The first time I hibernated there was no problem, but the second time I got that message after I woke the machine up again. I however don't see why it gave me that message as the hibernation seemed to have worked fine...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I see this on both of my laptops with both Sleep and Hibernate. It appears every time with Hibernate, nearly every time with Sleep. I have also seen the error message on several other laptops. I keep crossing my fingers that it will be fixed with the next version of Ubuntu.

It doesn't seem to affect anything and I just close the message. I'm usually able to hibernate for weeks without problem. However, there is likely something undetectable that is wrong, otherwise the message wouldn't be popping up. I have yet to find a good explanation of what is going on when this message shows up.

Beans

I'm running 8.04 on a Dell Inspiron 1525 and have received the "Sleep Problem" message a couple of times when coming out of hibernation. Like the posters before me, I don't see any side effects from this problem. I read another post by a member using a 1525 that said the problem is solved in 8.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tingles View Post
    I'm running 8.04 on a Dell Inspiron 1525 and have received the "Sleep Problem" message a couple of times when coming out of hibernation. Like the posters before me, I don't see any side effects from this problem. I read another post by a member using a 1525 that said the problem is solved in 8.10.
    I have not seen this happen on any of the laptops I have installed 8.10 on. Either the message was removed or the cause of the message was fixed.