Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ubuntu 8.04 issues in my macbook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: ubuntu 8.04 issues in my macbook

You need to have administrator privileges in order to create/delete/modify files in system folders like /lib/firmware. You can do this easily by hitting Alt+F2 then typing "gksudo nautilus" then entering your password. Now browse to your desktop (/home/username/Desktop) and copy the AppleUSBVideoSupport file, then browse to "/lib/firmware" and paste it.

Or you can do it in a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) by typing:
    Code:
    sudo mv $HOME/Desktop/AppleUSBVideoSupport /lib/firmware
    Then enter your password.
    "This would make more difference if it made any difference at all; but it doesn't make any difference at all, because you are listening to a conversation among dead businesses." -- Eben Moglen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hananias View Post
    Well, I copied it in my desktop, but still I tried to copy from there into the firmware folder and I get message "don't have permission"
    so i don't know how to get the permission to copy and paste the firmware. so even though, the file copied to the desktop that. does that mean it isn't in my ubuntu partition?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=764616

Beans

Wow! Thanks I can't believed it worked! I'm going have to change this thread from issues in my macbook to issues fixed in my macbook
    One thing I've noticed now, is that my mic is not working.
    I looked at the steps in the wiki for macbook, but to no success. Anyone have ideas? here are some shots of my sound set up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

enable the capture channels and make sure that they are turned up as well. Inputs are assigned to a capture channel.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    enable the capture channels and make sure that they are turned up as well. Inputs are assigned to a capture channel.
    Many thanks to so many people out there for helping me so much in this thread. I can't believe how fast and generous all have been here. I'm happy to say that all major issues are stable for now...well see if I don't screw something up later.
    For now this is what I've got! Ubuntu rules
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12