Thread: 8.04 wireless broken

Beans

8.04 wireless broken

Hi All,

I formatted my hd and installed 8.04 last night. When i got to work this morning i could no longer join my wireless network.

The network is hidden and using PSK2-Personal. I had no problems getting onto this network with 7.10. With 8.04, not luck. It can see the network once i enter the details manually and the first light of network manager comes on but eventually it gives up. I am able to join this network without any problems using my n810 while i am at my machine.

Can anyone help? Weather it be via configuring the device manually for the time being or whatever. Really need to get this working.

Thanks

Beans

Re: 8.04 wireless broken

This problem was caused by a faulty wireless router. When i disabled dhcdbd and NetworkManager then tried to connect to the route via command line, dhclient was reporting "bogus hlen". When i changed the host-name line of my dhclient.conf from "<hostname>" to something more friendly like "xyz", this fixed the problem.

I was first alerted that the problem might be with the router when i also couldn't connect to it via ethernet either.

For the record, the router is a Linksys WRT300N.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: 8.04 wireless broken

reposting elsewhere