View Poll Results: Which would you find better, a step-by-step tutorial, or get-to-the-point sort kind?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • A step at a time / Walkthrough

57 81.43%
  • Damnit Get To The Point

13 18.57%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to enable Yahoo (and other domains) in Evolution Mail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: How to enable Yahoo (and other domains) in Evolution Mail

Quote Originally Posted by csat View Post
    Hi Jef

Thanks for this nice tutorial. Here I am using Hardy Heron. Evolution worked only the first time to send mail and refused after booting my system. I've deleted all stuff and restarted again but no way to send any mail using 127.0.0.1:5025. It just stops and keeps held at output queue. I've checked if ypops was loaded and confirmed with ps -al. So, I am puzzled so far. Any ideas will be welcomed.
    Csat
    Hi, csat!

I tried to duplicate the situation you're having, and found this out:

Under the Sending Email tab, in Security when "Use Secure Connection" option has "SSL Encryption" or "TLS Encryption" in it, sending hangs at the queue as you have described, and ultimately fails. Now, make sure that this option has "No encryption" in it.

If this doesn't solve it, just go ask again and I'll be happy to help out.
    Last edited by jeffimperial; May 5th, 2008 at 11:30 AM.
    "Always prefer to believe in the good of people."

Pinoy Tech Buzz
    My Personal Site

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffimperial View Post
    Hi, csat!

I tried to duplicate the situation you're having, and found this out:

Under the Sending Email tab, in Security when "Use Secure Connection" option has "SSL Encryption" or "TLS Encryption" in it, sending hangs at the queue as you have described, and ultimately fails. Now, make sure that this option has "No encryption" in it.

If this doesn't solve it, just go ask again and I'll be happy to help out.
    Thank you Jeff!

Everything is up and running now. Yesterday, right after posting my message, I examined /var/log/ypops and found csat.checkerror.html. There was an warning saying Yahoo couldn't deliver my mail at that time (maybe a busy time) so I figured out that it was not my mail configurations. Anyway, this morning, I've double checked SMTP setup and it was found accordingly with your recommendations. I could get mail and reply, both using localhost and Ypops.

So, thank you again for your time and support.

Csat
    Csat

Doubts? Check ->here<-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

My recieve email action gets mad and tells me the host isnt any good, where do i change that to make it work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

this doesn't seem to work for me. the apt-get update itself results in an error stating :
    W: Failed to fetch http://tskariah.000webhost.com/ubunt...ubuntu/Release Unable to find expected entry main/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
    Am I the only one?
    I'm on hardy amd64 bit.
    “Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.” –Popular Mechanics,1949
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by S0VERE1GN View Post
    My recieve email action gets mad and tells me the host isnt any good, where do i change that to make it work?
    Hello, SOVEREIGN

Make sure you have 127.0.0.1:5025 as your server under Server Configuration. It seems that one has to explicitly tell Evolution which port to use. Also, if this is already set as such, or the above does not work, you may have port 5025 closed by a firewall. Setting your firewall to allow this port open should make it work.

Similarly, Yahoo! cannot accept secure connections via Ypops, so make sure the Server Requires Authentication checkbox is unchecked, and that Use Secure Cinnection dropdown menu is set to No Encryption.

Please tell me if this doesn't work out for you. And as final note, there are particular moments when Yahoo! seems to be very busy. As CSAT (the user who posted another reply previous to yours) retrying at another hour worked out for her.

Jeff

Pinoy Tech Buzz
    My Personal Site

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by s_spiff View Post
    this doesn't seem to work for me. the apt-get update itself results in an error stating :

Am I the only one?
    I'm on hardy amd64 bit.
    Originally Posted by Gripp
    yeah, no typo. i did some research and found that they just haven't compiled a 64bit version.
    i have no idea how to work from source so i guess i can continue to live without my yahoo account for the time being. thanks though! good tute
    Sorry, spiff

It seems YPops hasn't made the package 64-bit ready yet. I'm looking into it if I could help you 64-bit guys with something to work it out with. For now, perhaps you could do a little research about compiling YPops yourself since the current package is for i386, 32 bit architectures only. YPops is Open Source Software, so their Website should have the tarballs and source code there.

Im really sorry if this has to be a little more difficult for you. And good luck!

Jeff

Pinoy Tech Buzz
    My Personal Site

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Nah, no issues. Will compile. Will try to make a deb and post it too in my next update.
    “Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.” –Popular Mechanics,1949
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well, that would be great! A 64-bit debian package of this would certainly please many.
    Last edited by jeffimperial; May 10th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Pinoy Tech Buzz
    My Personal Site

Beans

I followed the directions exactly, but whenever I try to check my mail, it says Error while Fetching Mail. Could not connect to localhost: connection refused

Any idea how to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I also often get this error prompt. Usually, it's because the Yahoo! mail servers are too busy. Premium Account users have been complaining about this for quite some time now. What I do is just restart Evolution.

Anyways, please post again if a restart of Evolution, and a restart of your system, does not work.

Pinoy Tech Buzz
    My Personal Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast