Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flash player

Beans

Re: flash player

Flash is not an open software, but free do download.

And yes gnash has some issues.
    Keep it real. Keep it nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shooting Ubuntu

Beans

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

that is what it told me after i typed in my password.

Beans

You can only have one package manager open at once.

That includes Update Manager and Synaptic. It's easier to just use synaptic than "apt-get".

Beans

Try going to "Synaptic Package Manager" and install "Ubuntu Restricted Extras". Then go to the Medibuntu website and follow the instructions on the "Repository How to" page to copy and paste the commands into Terminal. This should enable everything that you need for all multimedia, including allowing you to play/copy encrypted DVD's and ripping to MP3 with Sound Juicer. Hope this helps.
    PS. I'm sure that I didn't have to do anything at all to play Youtube video's with a bog standard installation of Hardy. Perhaps you should try removing the Gnash plugin.
    Registered Linux User # 453200
    Apple iMac 24" 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Superdrive, OSX 10.5 Leopard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Uh... granted gnash isn't perfect, but its still pretty darn good. It runs youtube videos just fine. I haven't had adobe flash since Windows because their rpm is crap, and alien doesn't work for me like at all. The point is, I'm probably a terminal idiot but gnash definitely runs youtube videos. have you guys installed both 'gnash' and 'mozilla-plugin-gnash'?
    Dell XPS L502X, Ubuntu Studio 18.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12