Thread: no surround on 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

no surround on 8.04

hi guys,

I've got a slight problem. I've got sound so thats awesome, but unfortunately there's no surround sound. The front speakers are the only speakers working.

I've got a Creative Audigy2 Platinum Pro ZS. The surround used to work on ubuntu 7.10 but i've just done a clean install of ubuntu 8.04 and its not working even if i test betweent "front" and "pcm_front" or "side" and "pcm_side".

theres no sound if mute the front speakers and test the rest.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers.

Beans

Re: no surround on 8.04

Having the same problem here, with the same config and same past with it working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

the same problem here...intel d945gnt motherboard...any help wud be appreciated...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaif View Post
    hi guys,

I've got a slight problem. I've got sound so thats awesome, but unfortunately there's no surround sound. The front speakers are the only speakers working.

I've got a Creative Audigy2 Platinum Pro ZS. The surround used to work on ubuntu 7.10 but i've just done a clean install of ubuntu 8.04 and its not working even if i test betweent "front" and "pcm_front" or "side" and "pcm_side".

theres no sound if mute the front speakers and test the rest.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers.
    On my SBLive card, I have to manually adjust the sound for the rear speakers. It's on a different volume slider in the Volume control panel. I think it is called Wave Surround. Try adding that to your volume control panel if it's not already there and then turn up the volume on it.

Cheers!