Thread: Microsoft MN-710 on Ubuntu 8.04 using NDISwrapper?

Beans

Microsoft MN-710 on Ubuntu 8.04 using NDISwrapper?

Hi, I'm totally and utterly new to linux in general and not much of a techie, so please bear with me. I just installed ubuntu on a secondary drive to give it a spin and so far there's a few problems, but I thought if I could mete out the issue of not having internet I could figure the rest out at my own pace instead of switching between it and Vista constantly to read guides and download things and move to the drive, reboot and switch over and over.

So I read on ndiswrapper's site that my Microsoft MN-710 802.11g USB 2.0 adapter is compatible so long as I follow the steps provided. So I got ndiswrapper installed and followed the steps here: http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/j...3/id,list_m-n/ -- successfully until it told me that once I replug the adapter that I should see it light up. It didn't.

I didn't bother with the rest before giving up there, mostly because, frankly, I don't quite understand it that well. I tried different USB ports just in case but no go. I'm also stuck in an 800x600 resolution when I can go to 1024x768. As for sound, I haven't tested it yet. But I haven't really tinkered with fixing any of it yet either.

I have an Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ and NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405. I appreciate any advice, thanks.

Beans

Re: Microsoft MN-710 on Ubuntu 8.04 using NDISwrapper?

Anyone have any ideas?