Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO - Fix your laptops brightness function keys operating properly in 8.04 Hardy

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Fix your laptops brightness function keys operating properly in 8.04 Hardy

Does not work on ASUS M50sv, as my function keys work for up/down as stop/(play/pause) and ymy brightness keys are fn f5 and fn f6, so when I try to change brightness with the up/down keys my music stops, and I can start it again with fn f6!

Beans

Re: HOWTO - Fix your laptops brightness function keys operating properly in 8.04 Hard

Thanks a lot!!

Also got a dell 1501, and this has plagued us dell users for a long time! I'm having a good experience in hardy, with wireless, video acceleration, and now finally brightness working properly ! Woo happy to be a ubuntu user!

Beans

Re: HOWTO - Fix your laptops brightness function keys operating properly in 8.04 Hard

I can't get this to work at all on my vostro 1700, I think it may have added on more step, but had to tell. It is weird because with 7.10 my brightness function keys worked great with eight distinct brightness levels. So I booted up my 7.10 livecd and sure enough it worked just fine. So I checked the brightnessup and brightnessdn files on the livecd and they are exactly the same as the ones in my 8.04 install, so I am thinking there must be some other config files that must be different. If I knew where to look for the settings for the brightness applet in the taskbar, maybe I could copy them from there.

On a side note, sound, suspend and hibernate all work for me with 8.04 but never did with 7.10.

Beans

Not working on a new intel macbook.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For all of you who this doesn't work for, try this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...93#post4178093
    Works like a charm!

Beans

Add this "blacklist video" in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist then restart.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Fix your laptops brightness function keys operating properly in 8.04 Hardy

Works on my Gateway E-295C. First time through completely hung Gedit, though, and a few seconds later the rest of the system. After a reboot, I tried again and it's worked fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Just confirmed that this is working beautifully on my Gateway NX560X laptop. Thanks!

Beans

this works on my Dell 1501. Brightness does not step like it should, but it is not so bad that there are only 3 levels of brightness.

Great tutorial and many thumbsups ^^
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans

This didnt work for my macbook but thats not suprising lol

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast