Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Beans
    2,983
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    reassuringlyoffensive I linked to you guide in this subforum :

    Ubuntu Customization Guide
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=159

    in this particular thread :
    Feisty/Gutsy/Hardy Quick Guide
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=567507

    I would appreciate it if you would link back.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    11

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by reassuringlyoffensive View Post
    Disable effects in System > Preferences > Appearance > Effects. It may be a slight bug with your graphics driver.

    Nathan
    Thanks
    Everything were back to normal...

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    141
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Great Guide - Thanks

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool (UK)
    Beans
    110
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Hi, Great Guide.

    I can get the trailers at apple.com to work ok but BBC ones are more difficult. my 3 yaer old daughter regularly visits this site.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/someth...cial/mrtumble/
    I can get those videos working most of the time by stopping and starting but it's difficult to explain to my daughter. Is there any way round this?

    just installed hardy by the way
    Last edited by applehead; June 7th, 2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Paul Appleton

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by applehead View Post
    Hi, Great Guide.

    I can get the trailers at apple.com to work ok but BBC ones are more difficult. my 3 yaer old daughter regularly visits this site.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/someth...cial/mrtumble/
    I can get those videos working most of the time by stopping and starting but it's difficult to explain to my daughter. Is there any way round this?

    just installed hardy by the way

    Thanks, no problem.

    Regarding the CBBC streams, click on the "Preferences" link and change it from the Windows Media format to the Real Media format, they've always buffered and played better on the BBC site for me, using both mplayerplug-in and Gecko Media Player.
    Last edited by ubuntu-freak; June 7th, 2008 at 04:32 AM.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    depende
    Beans
    17

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    How come gecko doesn't play mms:// files or isn't linked to it?
    How can I fix that?

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmc View Post
    How come gecko doesn't play mms:// files or isn't linked to it?
    How can I fix that?
    What does Firefox do? Can you post an example stream? If you need to configure it yourself, see this page.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool (UK)
    Beans
    110
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by reassuringlyoffensive View Post
    Thanks, no problem.

    Regarding the CBBC streams, click on the "Preferences" link and change it from the Windows Media format to the Real Media format, they've always buffered and played better on the BBC site for me, using both mplayerplug-in and Gecko Media Player.
    thanks, I'm already using the real player option. The win media option doesn't work at all.
    Paul Appleton

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Beans
    1,809
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Quote Originally Posted by applehead View Post
    thanks, I'm already using the real player option. The win media option doesn't work at all.

    Really? More strange randomness. WM steams work on the BBC site for me, athough they didn't with mplayerplug-in.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    91
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video How-to

    Hello Nathan, I have been unable to get the Flash 10 beta working I have the .so on my desktop but it does not seem to like the code to get it going, any ideas?
    Payteer

Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •