Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by mealies View Post
    Ubuntu-freak

Apologies if i have not understood the first apt-get command but the below statement has apt-get remove. Shouldn't it be apt-get install?
    Check after the && you have to remove gnash, etc. to fully experience flashplugin-nonfree.

Beans

Thank you very much. Thought I had lost the plot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thanks for the comprehensive help, but I still can't get my Jaunty install to play DVDs. All my apps do is spin their wheels, freeze, or shutdown. I didn't even need to go through any of this for Intrepid. I don't get it. I got no errors during any of the installs, with the exception of the "obsoleted" css libraries referred to earlier. Flash and other videos have and still do play just fine.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by LoREZ View Post
    Thanks for the comprehensive help, but I still can't get my Jaunty install to play DVDs. All my apps do is spin their wheels, freeze, or shutdown. I didn't even need to go through any of this for Intrepid. I don't get it. I got no errors during any of the installs, with the exception of the "obsoleted" css libraries referred to earlier. Flash and other videos have and still do play just fine.

Any ideas?
    What output do you get with this: ' lspci -nn | grep VGA'

Beans

RealPLayer11Gold does not work. Downloads video fine. Then zips through video really fast. Playback too fast. Pauses to buffer again and then plays back way too fast. Choppy playback at 3x speed.

Installed from real media website. Here is the workaround in 9.04:

1) gksudo gedit /opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay

obviously change if you installed in a different directory. I installed as sudo.

Original:
    $HELIX_LIBS/realplay.bin "$@"

New:
    aoss $HELIX_LIBS/realplay.bin "$@"

In RealPlayer:
    Tools->Preferences->Hardware->Audio Driver
    Change to "OSS"

restart browser and try again. Works for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks for all your help. My computer is working perfectly.
    Only one change I can see, in the trouble shooting part of dvd playback I had to change
    libdvdread3 to libdvdread4 and it works now. Thanks again for your how to it really helped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    What output do you get with this: ' lspci -nn | grep VGA'
    Thanks for your reply; this is what I get:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GS] [10de:02e1] (rev a2)

What might I glean from this?

UPDATE:

I took one more look through Synaptic and discovered that libdvdread4 seeks a package called libdvdcss; I installed that, and it fixed the problem. Is it weird that this package wasn't already installed? It seems like an odd thing to happen...
    Last edited by LoREZ; April 26th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,
    I'v got the same problem and im a newbie( you must really get tired of us and our little problems ). I followed all the steps,thought it might help to reinstall some of those old packages (switched to 9.04 from 8.10) but nothing doing...I looked around but couldn't find anything useful..i tried opening up the Multimedia Selector and changing the Video output plugin to noXv but that didnt help.
    Output that you requested was:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2572] (rev 02)

sorry to mention this here but i had another problem with 8.10,audio playback and recording worked fine but i cant use Skype or have an audio chat in Empathy(using a Googletalk account) please help with this as well.

Thank you.

Beans
    Distro

P.s libdvdread4 and libdvdcss were already installed and i also installed libdvdcss-dev and another package for restricted extras

<snip>
    Last edited by bapoumba; April 26th, 2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: snipped the comment regarding pirated material. Please not in here, thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by LoREZ View Post
    Thanks for your reply; this is what I get:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GS] [10de:02e1] (rev a2)

What might I glean from this?

UPDATE:

I took one more look through Synaptic and discovered that libdvdread4 seeks a package called libdvdcss; I installed that, and it fixed the problem. Is it weird that this package wasn't already installed? It seems like an odd thing to happen...
    Actually it's not odd. Some countries won't allow using libdvdcss. It circumvents DVD protection.

Page 121 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast