Thread: ATI property drivers on Heron

Beans

Question ATI property drivers on Heron

It would be very easy to install those if I could set the resolution higher, which sadly even after using the property drivers I can't do.

My problem in that matter that I just can't install the property ATI drivers using GUI if I won't set the resolution higher, I just can't see the lower button to click on it.
    That's really sucks.

How stupid those ATI developers should be to make the "install" button at the lowest part of the screen, practicly invistable to those who use lower resolution.

So please, is there anyone who knows the cli command for installing the ATI property drivers (not the Ubuntu way and not generate packages). ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MaximB; May 1st, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Beans

Re: ATI property drivers on Heron

Try moving the window up by holding down alt and clicking and dragging the window to where you can see the button. The other option would mayube be trying envy http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

heh, if I could ...
    Those morons made the window too big and unresizable, while the option to continue is at the very bottom, so even if you move the window up you still cannot see it.

P.S
    See the screenshot I've added in the first post.
    Last edited by MaximB; May 1st, 2008 at 05:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Well, if you moved your upper panel down on top of your lower one, you should be able to use Alt+drag to move the window up where you can get at the button (now that its movement is unconstrained on top). Then when you're done you can put it back. No excuse for the window being that big and unresizable in the first place, though. Maybe email ATI about it (with a pleasant tone of course).
    Last edited by CarpKing; May 1st, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

Beans

Yeah I had the same problem just move the bottom panel to the side of the screen. Crisis averted.
    Edit: having said that i think i had to move both panels to the sides of the screen.