Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Hardy resolution problem - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does not display re

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Hardy resolution problem - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does not displa

System>preferences>main menu>other>screen & graphics>check it and you will find it under app>other.

Re: Hardy resolution problem - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does not display resolut

Quote Originally Posted by abcuser View Post
    Hi,
    I have solved the problem!!!

1. I opened Terminal and enter command: sudo displayconfig-gtk
    2. Screen and Graphics Preferences window opens on Screen tab I have selected "LCD Panel 1024x768" from Model drop down window
    3. On the same window I have selected "1024x768" from Resolution drop down menu and clicked on OK button.
    4. Log off from Ubuntu and Log-in again.
    5. New resolution has been started in 1024x768 mode and it is working fine.

Hope this helps to anyone out there.

Regards,
    Abcuser
    I tried this suggestion (it's a good one), but it didn't work for me on my old HP Omnibook XE2 notebook (1024x768 16-bit depth). The way I got my screen working again, after installing Hardy over my Dapper install, was to use my old xorg.conf file (well sort of). What I did is I popped in my old Dapper Live CD and modified my xorg.conf file to have a DefaultDepth of 16 (it defaulted to 24 and only would display 800x600) restarted X to see if the change took -- it did. I then copied the contents of the modified xorg.conf file to a USB flash drive and pasted it all into the xorg.conf file in Hardy. Worked like a charm.... Hope this helps someone else.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: [SOLVED] Hardy resolution problem - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does not displa

Hi guys;

I tried the solution by abcuser it worked fine but once i Log off it return back to lower resolution so I need to set it again through the <screen and graphic> option

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Hardy resolution problem - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg does not display resolut

Quote Originally Posted by abcuser View Post
    Hi,
    actually I have found out that command sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    returns warning and exits when all of default is seleted and after keyboard is selected.

Warning:
    xserver-xorg postinst warning: overwriting possibly-customised configuration
    file; backup in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.20080425125856

Any idea how to solve this problem?
    This is normal behavour. It is overwriting the xorg.config, and making a backup copy.

If your xserver does not restart, you can

rm xorg.conf
    mv xorg.conf.20080425125856 xorg.conf

don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12