Thread: Volume keys not functioning 9.04 / Dell Mini 10

Beans

Volume keys not functioning 9.04 / Dell Mini 10

Hi guys, need some assistance with this one... basically just installed 9.04 on my Mini 10 - all's fine with it and the volume keys (F7-F9) were working fine, now I think I've changed something by mistake and cannot get them to work again.

I made a second account on the netbook and the volume keys work fine, upping / downing / muting no problem - on mine, all the ubuntu notifiers pop up (volume slider goes up and down in here) but it doesn't actually affect any of the software sliders for the volumes themselves...

Any help would be appreciated, major annoyance having to manually drag all the time (especially on the 10's borken touchpad) and given my custom desktop config, would be a major pain setting up a new profile.

Is there anyway to copy / chown the sound / volume prefs of this dummy account to overwrite my own? Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated!

Edit: should also note, have compared configs on right click > preferences on the volume icon, both are linked to HDA Intel (Alsa Mixer) / Master
    Last edited by sephiap; August 22nd, 2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Further info

Beans

Re: Volume keys not functioning 9.04 / Dell Mini 10

no one...?