Thread: Mousepad Lock Opens Help Center?

Beans

Mousepad Lock Opens Help Center?

I couldn't find anyone else who was having this proble,m. Google wasn't too helpful.

I'm using an HP Pavillion dv6000 and I use A USB mouse instead of the mousepad. THere is a little button that locks the mousepad so I don't hit it when I'm typing. It works great but when I go to unlock the mousepad, it works, and then opens up the Ubuntu Help center all by itself.

Huh?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Mousepad Lock Opens Help Center?

Just in case you feel like it is just you, it is not. I have the same problem in Ubuntu. In Arch, it works fine. I have found out that the mousepad lock button is mapped to the same number as the F1 key. If you don't mind having the keyboard shortcut for the help be something else instead of the F1 key, you can change it in your keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately, I am a KDE user so I can't remember where it is located in Gnome. It should be in your control center/system settings section.

Beans

Re: Mousepad Lock Opens Help Center?

You just have to change the quick launch buttons for help.
    I had the same problem and changed the quick launch button for help from a hexadecimal value into "F1". Now everything works fine!