Thread: old comp, with aold gfx card, problems.

Beans

Question old comp, with aold gfx card, problems.

So i recently got a old graphics card for free, it is a ati 3d rage II+ Dvd (i think)

my computer is a 633Mhz win98.

the driver i found on the internet wont support directX8 and a good portion of the games i would like to play seemingly need that.

does anyone know of anywhere i could find a better driver for it?

(by the way, the last message on the bootup window for MOH allied assault is something about failing to open Open GL or something.)

Thanks for any info.

PS it seemingly helped starcraft run faster, if thats any help.
    Always remember what does and what does not have Super Cow Powers.

Beans

Re: old comp, with aold gfx card, problems.

bump

Beans

In case you're not aware, the card that you've got is a DirectX 5 generation card, so don't expect to be playing any games that require a minimum of a DX8 generation gfx card with it.

On the subject of the OpenGL error however, this is because the card doesnt support OpenGL properly. This is the same card used in the Apple iMac G3s, which annoyed many G3 users for the fact that the graphics card was incapable of running the new OS X Aqua GUI due to the lack of support for full OGl.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwhosm View Post
    In case you're not aware, the card that you've got is a DirectX 5 generation card, so don't expect to be playing any games that require a minimum of a DX8 generation gfx card with it.

On the subject of the OpenGL error however, this is because the card doesnt support OpenGL properly. This is the same card used in the Apple iMac G3s, which annoyed many G3 users for the fact that the graphics card was incapable of running the new OS X Aqua GUI due to the lack of support for full OGl.
    aww. ='(