Thread: Playing mov files in ubuntu

Beans

Playing mov files in ubuntu

ok im new to ubuntu. Sop far everything is good. I can play dvd's and flash online i've had no problems with any media except with my digital camera movies. they record in mov when i load up the video no matter what player i use the audio and video is all stuttered and jambled up..why? and how can i fix this? please any help would be appreciated..and im new with this stuff so go easy..

Beans

Re: Playing mov files in ubuntu

Sounds like you're having a similar problem to what I have been experiencing. Maybe some of the workarounds that have been suggested to me may work for you. Good luck with this one...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=762670

Beans

How do i get into my compiz settings?

Beans

To access your Compiz settings click: System > Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings. This will open your CompizConfig Settings Manager. If you do not have this button installed, which I didn't, the click: Applications > Add/Remove and open your Add/Remove Applications screen. Search "Compiz" and install Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.

I hope this works for you. I'm still trying to tweak mine so who knows, it may just be a dead end...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Oh, and the individual who was trying to help me out did mention that this was a known bug and is supposed to be fixed in Ubuntu 8. So we may just have to wait to upgrade to "8" in the next couple of days to see if that resolves the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have you tried to play the files using VLC player?.If you do not have it installed,type sudo apt-get install vlc in the terminal to install.Vlc will play it most probably.
    Linux User# 462909