Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 178

Thread: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

  1. #131
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Beans
    24

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Referring to my comment on recording based on a program guide...

    When I used SageTV it featured an electronic program guide. I think I could browse out about 7 days in the future for shows. By highlighting a selection, I could just click on a button that would program it to record that show. It also had a feature to make it as a "favorite" so it would record the same "title" or "subject" on any channel at any time until I told it to stop.

    The electronic program guide is just handy to find out what to watch. I know I can pull the data from some websites, but if it was incorporated into the Tv-Viewer application, it would be handier.

    NOT complaining... Just voicing a couple desires (based on me being too lazy to do the same things in other ways )

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    159

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by ken_23434 View Post
    Referring to my comment on recording based on a program guide...

    When I used SageTV it featured an electronic program guide. I think I could browse out about 7 days in the future for shows. By highlighting a selection, I could just click on a button that would program it to record that show. It also had a feature to make it as a "favorite" so it would record the same "title" or "subject" on any channel at any time until I told it to stop.

    The electronic program guide is just handy to find out what to watch. I know I can pull the data from some websites, but if it was incorporated into the Tv-Viewer application, it would be handier.

    NOT complaining... Just voicing a couple desires (based on me being too lazy to do the same things in other ways )
    Yeah you are right, such a feature or EPG scheduler would be great. I'll see what I can do
    What about the other things I asked from you?
    TV-Viewer 0.8.x
    GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.
    sourceforge.net project site || Homepage
    Thread for discussions and announcements.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    159

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Hi,

    today i'am releasing the new stable version 0.8.1, after one year of development with several alpha and beta versions. During this period of time TV-Viewer evolved from a simple Gui, able to change stations, to a stand-alone TV Application.
    The most important features are listed here, and please note the screenshots.

    An important hint for all users of TV-Viewer < 0.8.1a1. Please delete the configuration directory "~/.tv-viewer" und create a new stations list and check the configuration before you install the new version. Otherwise problems can be expected.

    As always if you find errors or you have something else on your mind, please contact me.

    Best regards
    Christian
    TV-Viewer 0.8.x
    GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.
    sourceforge.net project site || Homepage
    Thread for discussions and announcements.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Beans
    237

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    This is great news. I will get it installed and try it out.

    Thanks

  5. #135
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Beans
    16

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    If we can only have transparent set-up that would be great.
    I just install this and is working great (better than windows...for sure )

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    159

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by JarekG View Post
    If we can only have transparent set-up that would be great.
    I just install this and is working great (better than windows...for sure )
    Hi,

    what is a transparent set-up?

    Regards
    TV-Viewer 0.8.x
    GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.
    sourceforge.net project site || Homepage
    Thread for discussions and announcements.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Highland, IN - USA
    Beans
    1,285
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Is a .deb be available?. Is there a TV Viewer Ubuntu Repo? A PPA Repo?
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

    My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    159

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    Is a .deb be available?. Is there a TV Viewer Ubuntu Repo? A PPA Repo?
    I have a PPA repo yes, but i'am a "programmer" not a package maintainer. The current installation method is very easy and there are only a few dependencies.
    At the moment this is in most parts a one man show. So i use all the time i can spare on development.
    Last edited by saedelaere; January 3rd, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
    TV-Viewer 0.8.x
    GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.
    sourceforge.net project site || Homepage
    Thread for discussions and announcements.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Beans
    16

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by saedelaere View Post
    Hi,

    what is a transparent set-up?

    Regards
    I think what he means that it would be nice to set transparency of the main window (see through)....so when watching TV you could still work on other stuff and see the other stuff through the TV window...I think one of the Hauppauge apps at one time had future like that.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    159

    Re: [TIP] TV-Viewer, GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by JarekG View Post
    I think what he means that it would be nice to set transparency of the main window (see through)....so when watching TV you could still work on other stuff and see the other stuff through the TV window...I think one of the Hauppauge apps at one time had future like that.
    Do you really think he meant this? Strange idea, sorry In fact Tk may support transparent windows, but only with a working compositor.

    Btw
    TV-Viewer on launchpad

    Regards
    TV-Viewer 0.8.x
    GUI for Hauppauge PVR and other ivtv based TV cards.
    sourceforge.net project site || Homepage
    Thread for discussions and announcements.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •