Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the best place to buy those silver "Designed for Ubuntu" stickers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Where's the best place to buy those silver "Designed for Ubuntu" stickers?

These guys:

I see that you can buy them for 3 dollars a piece on ebay, plus shipping, but I was wondering if there's a better deal out there? I may be wanting to buy a lot of them pretty soon Like, dozens of them...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Where's the best place to buy those silver "Designed for Ubuntu" stickers?

Woah, that's different. The usual metal case badges that have been distributed on here were made (well...commissioned) by the Massachusetts LoCo Team, specifically DoctorMO (that's his forum name). They're slightly different though..the "Ubuntu Linux" part just says "ubuntu" in silver on black (the top part is silver-backgrounded though).

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans

On system76 you can order them for free.

And if you don't like to wait, go to the shop for some sticker paper, go to deviantart and search for linux stickers, print out those bad boys and you got your stickers.

There are dozens of others. but I think i'll print one out and use it myself, this one might be it (black one)

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs21/i/20...eviantdark.png
    Last edited by billgoldberg; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:09 PM.

Beans

Here's a link to DoctorMO and the MA Loco team's work. I was lucky enough to get myself plenty of these when the offer came up. =]
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans

See? That's the only thing I don't like about the forum upgrade. Links don't automatically underline or change the formatting at all! I am officially starting the trend of making links DarkOrange

Ahem. Sorry about that... I found out what you have to do to get the free Ubuntu stickers. You send a self-adressed to System76. I'm not sure, but I think you need to put postage on it too. When they get it, they'll put four stickers in the envelope and mail it back to you.
    archlinux \\ amd+ati \\ subtle \\ website

Beans
    Distro

I've already done the send a self addressed envelope to System76, and to be honest, the quality of their free stickers is a little sub-par. They are not silver, but white, and of a thinner stock. Hate to be picky, but I think it's worth the extra dollar or two to get something that's more classy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

System 76 sells them. Should be a link through the forum to their homepage. I think they are free plus shipping.
    BenQ Joybook LIte U102
    Ubuntu isn't all that I hoped it would be because I WANT IT ALL

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by defenestratos View Post
    System 76 sells them. Should be a link through the forum to their homepage. I think they are free plus shipping.
    Already been said, and it's wrong anyway. He asked for silver (ie metal) ones, explicitly, and System76 makes cheap white paper ones with a thin layer of plastic on top that after a bit of time starts to curl and peel off of the paper sticker...they're really poor quality.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

$5.50 total? Oh hell no! I'd like to get a quality *silver* laptop sticker to go where the Windows Logo used to be, but not for that much. And I probably wouldn't send any amount of money to a seller in China.

Too bad, 'cause it looks good, and I prefer the "Designed for" logo to the "Powered by" logo I saw on most stickers.

Beans
    Distro

Just wanted to drop in and mention a link I found that appears to be selling aluminum-backed Ubuntu stickers:

http://www.zareason.com/shop/product...7&cat=0&page=1

I just ordered some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast