Thread: I Am Trying To Burn An Avi File To A Dvd So It Will Play On The Dvd Player

Beans

I Am Trying To Burn An Avi File To A Dvd So It Will Play On The Dvd Player

ANy ideas? What should I use?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: I Am Trying To Burn An Avi File To A Dvd So It Will Play On The Dvd Player

I've heard Avidemux is good for this. I don't have a DVD burner, but my brother seems to like it. There are gtk, command line, and qt versions in the repository.
    Guide to forum text formatting code. Please use them | Use descriptive thread titles.

Beans

DeVeDe works wonders for that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adn258 View Post
    ANy ideas? What should I use?
    Well you have to use an authoring program in order to play the file in any DVD player. The file has to be convert to a mpeg, then burned to the DVD with a menu structure even if no menu is present. I would suggest using 'Q'DVD-Author which is a GUI front-end for DVD-Author

You could also use KDVDCreator which is also a GUI front-end for DVD-Author, but it depends on KDE4 or KDE3.5 with the KDE4 libraries installed:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php...?content=73014

KDVDCreator needs to be downloaded and compiled while 'Q' DVD-Author is available in the multiverse repository.
    For those new to Ubuntu most of your answers can be found at help.ubuntu.com or ubuntuguide.org

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Coplen View Post
    DeVeDe works wonders for that.
    omg thank you soooo much man thank you thank you thank you