Thread: Ubuntu Studio

Beans

Ubuntu Studio

Hi All,

I'm involved in audio production and have started dabbling in Blender. I downloaded an image and installed it on a PC with a quad 2.4 cpu (i386). When the install was complete, there were a ton of apps that would not install. I'm just curious as to why, if someone can help, I would appreciate it.

Also, being new to Linux (Ubuntu), I was having a problem trying to install a prog that I down loaded called Celtix.

Thanks for reading,

StashO

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Studio

Are your repos activated? Have a look in System, Admin, Software sources. You probably want at least the first two activated.

How were you trying to install these apps anyway?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Did you use a studio disk? its the whole os with more programs than i care to mention, plus the kernal is different, better for recording ect.
    Cheers, Mick Carey, NSW Australia - feel free to bud me
    | First time users | Forum tips | My Wiki | My Facebook | Ubuntu links | Programs |

Beans

...and the guide that every newbie should have, how to install anything in Ubuntu.
    I do not use Ubuntu any more, nor have I ever used Gnome. Therefore, I tend to give advice that is distro- and DE-agnostic, which, while perhaps not the easiest way, will allow you to move freely between machines.

Beans

Thanks everyone: Mister_Pink, Mick8882003 and Xiong Chiamiov.

Your help was appreciated very much.
    Last edited by StashO; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:13 PM.