Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: gpapers installation in ubuntu

I am facing a problem with the installation of gpapers. When I type
    Code:
    bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~poppler...6-experimental
    I am getting this error message:
    bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "https://code.launchpad.net/".

Therefore I cannot proceed with the installation. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by gtzam View Post
    I am facing a problem with the installation of gpapers. When I type
    Code:
    bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~poppler...6-experimental
    I am getting this error message:

Therefore I cannot proceed with the installation. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks
    Same problem with me.

When i try

Code:
    bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~poppler-python/poppler-python/poppler-0.6-experimental
    i get

Code:
    Everything else upto this point is fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    Zotero is not that straight forward, and I think the ability to add annotation or note to the pdf will be great for Linux community.
    Hi, I made a wiki page on using Zotero with Ubuntu that I hope will make it a little more straightforward:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Zotero

You can use Zotero to associate notes with PDFs, there's more information about that in the wiki. I have more than 300 PDFs in my Zotero library and I find that it's a good solution.

Zotero probably wouldn't make sense for people who don't want to cite the PDFs in academic texts, though, since basically all the Zotero information is organized around bibliography reference data.

Anyway, I'm just mentioning it as an option for people who are having trouble installing gpapers. Referencer is another alternative.

Beans

I just installed successfully under 7.10. When I couldn't find the branch with the original bzr command I replaced it with:

bzr branch hxxp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~poppler-python/poppler-python/trunk --revision 40

and went to the "trunk" directory instead of the poppler directory to install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by adking80 View Post
    I just installed successfully under 7.10. When I couldn't find the branch with the original bzr command I replaced it with:

bzr branch hxxp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~poppler-python/poppler-python/trunk --revision 40

and went to the "trunk" directory instead of the poppler directory to install.
    Thanks a lot. I just installed successfully on Hardy 64-bit.

I had earlier tried without '--revision 40' option but i had a lot of problems about version incompatibility of installed software.

This suggestion worked perfectly.

But i think gPapers has a long way to go yet. Many a times, it mixes up the names of the authors, title, journal etc.

Perhaps it is a little too early to make such comments.

Beans

after a brief investigation within the synaptic package manager I came across a reference to python-sqlite3. It seems it is repackaged/offered (at least to hardy users) as python-apsw.

Inserting this in place of python-sqlite3 worked for my install and I can now run the software. However, I'm still not able to import any of my .pdf files...all of them output an error as follows:

deseb: gPapers.schema_evolution module found (24 fingerprints, 12 evolutions)
    deseb: fingerprint for 'gPapers' is 'fv1:-1497796564' (unrecognized)
    trying to fetch: ['/home/339.pdf']
    -1265013872 importing paper = /home/339.pdf
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./gpapers/gPapers.py", line 332, in import_document
    paper.save_full_text_file( defaultfilters.slugify(os.path.split(filename)[1].replace('.pdf',''))+'.pdf', data )
    AttributeError: 'Paper' object has no attribute 'save_full_text_file'

Any ideas?

Also, how can we go about seeing this seemingly wonderful program make its way into the repositories for easier install/use?

Beans

Re: how to run gpapers?

Hi, I have installed gpapers following all the instructions in the post, however I don't know how to execute it (just as chechojp).

I've noticed that gpapers and trunk's folders are in my home folder, and (from my windows experience) I think they should be somewhere else, right?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: how to run gpapers?

Hi, I have installed gpapers following all the instructions in the post, however I don't know how to execute it (just as chechojp).

I've noticed that gpapers and trunk's folders are in my home folder, and (from my windows experience) I think they should be somewhere else, right?

Thanks in advance
    do this
    cd gpapers
    python gPapers.py

================================================== ===

after a brief investigation within the synaptic package manager I came across a reference to python-sqlite3. It seems it is repackaged/offered (at least to hardy users) as python-apsw.

Inserting this in place of python-sqlite3 worked for my install and I can now run the software. However, I'm still not able to import any of my .pdf files...all of them output an error as follows:

deseb: gPapers.schema_evolution module found (24 fingerprints, 12 evolutions)
    deseb: fingerprint for 'gPapers' is 'fv1:-1497796564' (unrecognized)
    trying to fetch: ['/home/339.pdf']
    -1265013872 importing paper = /home/339.pdf
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./gpapers/gPapers.py", line 332, in import_document
    paper.save_full_text_file( defaultfilters.slugify(os.path.split(filename)[1].replace('.pdf',''))+'.pdf', data )
    AttributeError: 'Paper' object has no attribute 'save_full_text_file'

Any ideas?

Also, how can we go about seeing this seemingly wonderful program make its way into the repositories for easier install/use?
    same problem here.

This is a really great application. Hope it will work properly in future.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi

Can some kind soul please package gpapers for Ubuntu ? If there is some instructions on packaging, I can have a gander at it myself.

Regs,
    Anand.
    Macbook Pro 15, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz 1 G RAM, ATI Technologies Inc X1600 Graphics Card

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by anando View Post
    Can some kind soul please package gpapers for Ubuntu ? If there is some instructions on packaging, I can have a gander at it myself.
    Packaging Guide (though it's not the simplest of things)

As for getting it packaged, I asked; you could file a bug about it, but the effectiveness of that approach depends on whether somebody wants to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast