Thread: Keyboard strokes being missed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Keyboard strokes being missed.

Another question. I do have a new VAIO CR420, running Xubuntu 64bit. I do have some difficulties with the keyboard. But I don't know, if this is caused by xubuntu or only a specific problem of my notebook.

Somehow several keystrokes are missed, when I am typing a little faster (not much faster). Did you ever experience something like that and could you fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Keyboard strokes being missed.

Someone else seems to have had that problem, too:

Ok, I have a minor problem. I cannot type quickly, or Xubuntu will start missing keys.
    Example:
    the brown fx jumpsover the blue mon

It affects every key. Using the keyboard on the Live CD is fine, but using it wthin the OS isn't so nice.
    I tried editing the /ect/X11/xorg.conf for the touchpad with no luck (though the mouse doesn't move when I type anymore). I did see some entries for the Keyboard, but I'm not sure if they would help, and if it did, I'm not sure what commands to use.

Laptop Specs:
    Dell Inspiron 1000
    Moble Intel Celeron 2.20GHz
    Running Xubuntu 7.10 (Gusty)

Thanks in advance!
    Source: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/26251

Later on the problem is mentioned to be solved:

Well, it's fixed. I upgraded to Xubuntu 8.4a3 and the problem went away. So I'm guessing it was the configuration of Xubuntu 7.10 that screwed my Keyboard up.

Thanks for all of your help!

Solved.
    I am totally new to Ubuntu. Would you recommend that I upgrade to unstable or testing now?
    Last edited by yadayada2; April 22nd, 2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: something forgotten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Keyboard strokes being missed.

Here is an info for everyone with the same problem. I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.x and now everything works fine, including the keyboard.