Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

awn is working, but the launchers that i have added will not stay in/on the dock after a reboot/restart. the applets will stay but no launchers will. the way i add launchers maybe why things are acting up. what i'll do is from the gnome menu i'll create a launcher on the desktop then drag/drop the launcher onto the dock. if i leave the launchers on the desktop and the dock awn will have them on the dock after a restart, if i delete them from the desktop(but not the dock) the said launchers will stay until i do the old off/on. this is the only way i know how to ad a launcher, due to the fact that i'm not sure how to find the commands for the launchers that i want to add.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by martin saint martin View Post
    awn is working, but the launchers that i have added will not stay in/on the dock after a reboot/restart. the applets will stay but no launchers will. the way i add launchers maybe why things are acting up. what i'll do is from the gnome menu i'll create a launcher on the desktop then drag/drop the launcher onto the dock. if i leave the launchers on the desktop and the dock awn will have them on the dock after a restart, if i delete them from the desktop(but not the dock) the said launchers will stay until i do the old off/on. this is the only way i know how to ad a launcher, due to the fact that i'm not sure how to find the commands for the launchers that i want to add.
    You can just drag/drop them from the menus in fact. You can also drag from /usr/share/applications.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Hidden!

Just upgraded from gutsy to hardy, uninstalled awn, changed the repo setting in source.list from gutsy to hardy, installed awn again.

Everything works, however, for some strange reason something triggers the tray icons to shift upwards? See screenshot

What do you suggest I do to remedy the issue? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; April 25th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Beans

Red face Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

I'm having a weird problem with AVN... some of my launchers won't start.

For instance: I've added Firefox, Thunderbird, Pan and Audacious to my dock. When I try to start the first two, Ubuntu tries to load them, but seems to fail. Pan and Audacious however, do work.

The launchers were dragged from the desktop onto the dock. The desktop versions all work properly. Anyone an idea what causes this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

On the old awn when I opened say mail or FF it would appear as an icon in AWN so if I minimised it was always there. In this new version, this does not happen, can someone please tell me where I have gone wrong on this?
    Hardy 8.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nozem View Post

For instance: I've added Firefox, Thunderbird, Pan and Audacious to my dock. When I try to start the first two, Ubuntu tries to load them, but seems to fail. Pan and Audacious however, do work.

The launchers were dragged from the desktop onto the dock. The desktop versions all work properly. Anyone an idea what causes this?
    Having the same problem here, as well as the dock disappears when I make any changes in AWN manager which forces me to have to restart it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Nozem View Post
    Same problem here. It's inconsistent; launchers that work before a restart of AWN often don't work afterward. Usually if I add a second launcher from the same place it will work; when I try to delete the duplicate from AWN manager AWN crashes and when it restarts I'm back to a mix of working and non-working launchers. These were all dragged from the menu.

I've deleted all the AWN config files that I could find and did a complete removal and installation of all AWN-related packages. Now AWN seems to come by default with a single unremoveable Firefox launcher that doesn't work.

Beans
    Distro

did a drag/drop from the gnome-menu instead of creating a launcher on the desktop and my problem has been solved. thank you reacocard for this how-to and for the help with setting up the dock.

Beans

how can i get windows to minimize to avant not to the bar on the bottom? I thought i had it working last night but now it is not. Im running 8.04, the manager has no option to do so?

Beans
    Distro

i was just wondering where i might find some themes for awn? at this point it looks like all i've got is the default theme.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast