Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by fermin View Post
    Thanks for the guide . But i have a problem and cant run AWN . I had a previous installation of AWN for gutsy, but wanted to try this new one. So i followed your uninstall guide plus i removed from synaptic everything that related to "awn", "libawn" or "avant-window-mananger". Then i followed your guide for the Hardy Heron repository version and all went well, apparently, but i cant start AWN, nothing happens when i call it, either from the menu or terminal. With the latter i get this output:

Code:
    fermin@fermin-laptop:~$ avant-window-navigator 
    avant-window-navigator: symbol lookup error: avant-window-navigator: undefined symbol: awn_vfs_init
    Any ideas what could be the problem? I unistalled and installed again and didnt solve the problem. I also followed another install guide from this page:

unistalling first and i get the same problem (same output)

Please help me , now i cant get AWN to work at all
    what does
    Code:
    which avant-window-navigator
    output?
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Thanks for the reply, Reacocard. I typed the code you gave me and the output is as follows:

Code:
    fermin@fermin-laptop:~$ which avant-window-navigator
    /usr/bin/avant-window-navigator
    I had previosly deleted this commands in the bin folder with your unistall procedure.

By the way, the page i followed alternatively to install AWN is

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-AWN-on-Hardy-Heron-82611.shtml

wich, basically has another AWN repository that claims to have also the latest AWN upgrades and be relatively stable at the same time.

Thanks in advance for the help

Beans

I posgted this a few days ago and still have no solution:

i installed AWN 0.3.1 on Hardy. after installing compiz-fusion, AWN disappeared, so i uninstalled fusion and reinstalled "Advanced Desktop Effects Settings." AWN was still gone. I uninstalled it. I then reinstalled it using this thread to no avail. I then uninstalled it using the thread. I can see AWN is unclicked under add/remove, but when i click it to install, it says:

"This application conflicts with other installed software. To install 'avant-window-navigator' the conflicting software must be removed first.

Switch to the 'synaptic' package manager to resolve this conflict."

Any ideas? I can even figure out how to get the bottom panel back on my screen temporarily until i can fix AWN

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by threetwozero View Post
    I'm having this exact problem. Everything worked fine before "upgrading" to Heron. What gives?
    So, after installing xgl (which is a no no with my ati card) awn does render and function as normal - albeit brutally slow. There are other threads about ati drivers and compiz not playing nice. As soon as I removed xgl awn stopped loading.

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

!!!Help!!! whe I try to install AWN it says unable to find (or identify) package avant-window-navigator-0.2.6 !!! PLEASE HELP!!! S.O.S.!!!

Beans

....here we goo again...

so awn decides that now it doesnt want to display running applets...so basically when i minimize a window i have no way of getting it back...any ideas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I had awn running below my maximized applications, and made it pop-up as soon as my mouse-cursor touched the bottom of my screen. However since a while awn will not come back on top any more.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? and are there any known solutions to solve this issue?
    I currently have this issue with both awn-bzr and awn 0.2.1

I really loved awn, but now it isn't very useful... There where only two features I'd really like to see someday (after this bug has been fixed) and that are:
    1. Be able to set a delay to make awn pop-up once you hit the bottom of your screen with the mouse cursor (awn sometimes came up too soon).
    2. Make it possible to re-arrange the icons within the taskmanager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Wow, looks like I'm not the only one having issues with AWN. Sadly, with all the changes that seem to have happened between 7.10 and 8.04, looks like awn might need a small overhall. Hopefully it comes soon.

Anyway, I am having a problem with the weather applet all of a sudden. I no longer get weather updates; It just keeps "fething weather data". Anyone else run into this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

yep have that issue as well, can't get any weather updates anymore in awn, while is does work in my gnome-systray where it is integrated in the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyX View Post
    Wow, looks like I'm not the only one having issues with AWN. Sadly, with all the changes that seem to have happened between 7.10 and 8.04, looks like awn might need a small overhall. Hopefully it comes soon.

Anyway, I am having a problem with the weather applet all of a sudden. I no longer get weather updates; It just keeps "fething weather data". Anyone else run into this problem?
    I don't use Ubuntu myself but it sounds like WM behavior may have changed. Possible configurable.... I'll try and do a bit of research. compiz or metacity? I'll assume compiz unless told otherwise.

The weather applet was affected by some changed weather.com made.

Bug:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/awn-extras/+bug/227419

Fix Committed:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~awn-ext...k/revision/477

The awn-testing PPA has been updated with the patch. I'm not sure if Reacocard has had a chance to update yet.

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast