Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Merged Apple Support Threads

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Merged Apple Support Threads

I'll try to be there - may have to sneak it in during lunch, so no guarantees.
    20" G5 iMac - AMD64 HP desktop
    http://www.ppclinux.info/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stream303 View Post
    I'll try to be there - may have to sneak it in during lunch, so no guarantees.
    lunch? you in the UK?

Also note on the agenda is the topic to do away with 3rd party forums, so the cross-distro ppc forum might take some extra work.

Beans
    Hidden!

Nah, I just work some strange hours sometimes.

Now don't laugh - one good thing came out of this - I finally got into IRC. Yup, something I've avoided for 20 years. Thought I'd better be prepared in case I am able to make it.

Now listening on #ubuntu-powerpc
    20" G5 iMac - AMD64 HP desktop
    http://www.ppclinux.info/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Couldn't have said it better. Actually, purchase of ppc has dropped, but that leave a large amount of perfectly good machines that might fall by the wayside to be picked up and put into use - witness the large amount of users getting circa 1998 G3 iMacs up with Xubuntu etc. There are a lot of people who want to put even more modern machines to good use, but might balk at installing OSX Leopard on it and need some help here.
    I picked up a iMac G3- it still works. Most of the world's "electronic waste" isn't rubbish yet- it still works. My iMac fortunately wasn't taken to the dump, but somebody had it and it was gathering dust. I managed to get it off my local free-cycle. I really want to put Xubuntu on this thing!

As a matter of fact, I managed to install Mac OS X 10.3 today- and I'm loving it!

I still think that the idea of a separated Apple PPC Users and Apple Intel Users was better, and I must agree- people will pick up old and seemingly useless hardware and put Linux on it purely out of curiosity- surely then, Ubuntu must make seperate Apple Forums, for separate things!
    James (Registered Ubuntu User #19236)

iMac G3 350Mhz Summer 2000, running Debian Squeeze
    Compaq Presario
    M2000 running Ubuntu Jaunty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nah, I just work some strange hours sometimes.
    Unfortunately, it is when I am normally driving to work. Hopefully, I can figure something out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234