Thread: Pidgin chat window cant be resized... Its stretched vertically off my screen..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Exclamation Pidgin chat window cant be resized... Its stretched vertically off my screen..

I really do not know what happened... but i was talking to one of my Friends on Pidgin, and next thing i know the Chat box is stretched vertically off the bottom of my screen. When i right click and hit move i cant move it up... and when i resize it, it only lets me resize it a very little bit. I can resize as far left and right as i want to.. but no matter what i do it will not let me make it vertically smaller... It does let me shrink it about 2 vertical inches, but then it stops. For reference.. my Monotor is a 19" square.. and the chat box sticks out about 6 inches below the monitor.. and thats the smallest it can get.

I hope im explaining it in a decent way... but this is a really weird problem, and dont quite know how to thoroughly explain it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Pidgin chat window cant be resized... Its stretched vertically off my screen..

Hold down Alt and drag inside the window. This will drag the window upwards, and then you can get to the bottom of the window and resize it.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Pidgin chat window cant be resized... Its stretched vertically off my screen..

See i have done that... but it actually does not let me resize it.. i can make the resize cursor appear... it just doesnt let it get any smaller..

I really have no clue what it is...

Beans

try with alt and the mouse wheel click.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ok.. i tried Alt + wheel click and that did make it at least fit on the screen... But for some reason it will not let me return it to the way it was before. I can stretch it horizontally as much as i want... But its stuck vertically stretched to about ten inches..

Were making progress,,, but its still messed up =[ Any other ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Any clue? Its still stuck...