Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Players

Beans

Music Players

I've haven't asked this in a while and I am sure other people would like to read about it. What is the best music player out there, right now. I've tried Rhythmbox, but I don't really like it too much. Amarok, is a pretty decent player, but it quit downloading my album covers. I really don't know too much about what other choices there are now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Music Players

the new Amarok 2 should be great. But it always seems to take too many resources to load everything on my machine to use Amarok, since its in KDE. I've been using Exaile! for quite a while, and although not quite as stable as Amarok, it gets better with every release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

what? you don't like rhythmbox..... it's great
    I haven't experimented with much else but have heard good things about banshee
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
    Need help? It may be Just Plain Obvious
    Problem fixed? Mark Your Thread as Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Rhythmbox does exactly what I need it to so I never bothered with anything else.

Beans
    Hidden!

Rythmbox does the job for me.

My ipod runs Linux as well too, because I think the ogg format is 1337.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by skrribble View Post
    the new Amarok 2 should be great. But it always seems to take too many resources to load everything on my machine to use Amarok, since its in KDE. I've been using Exaile! for quite a while, and although not quite as stable as Amarok, it gets better with every release.
    Amroks album cover downloads are fixed in 1.4.9.1 (available in Hardy) Album art downloads were broken in every player that uses Amazon to download the cover art but most have fixed it now.

Beans

tango ninga -- I don't like how Rythmbox displays my collection. Secondly, unless I am missing something there is a lack on controls for the track playing. I didn't see a stop or a pause button. Also didn't play with it too much but Banshee didn't appeal to me too much either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

If you want something simple and low on ressources, why not go for mpd + Sonata? It's both in the repos, it'll take a little time setting up mpd but afterward, it's all goodness

Beans

By the way iPod support is extremely important to me. I have a 2 GB iPod and have never been able to get it to work in Linux. But I guess I will have to learn now, because Linux is all I have on my computer now. I hope I am rid of windows for good.

Is the new Amarok in Synaptic or Add/Remove?
    Last edited by bgast1; April 22nd, 2008 at 03:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

im pretty sure that all pods except for the touch and phone work in linux right now.

just do some google searching
    ex.

Code:
    ipod [type]  ubuntu [version]
    ex.2

Code:
    ipod nano ubuntu 7.10

i get tons of answers for stuff by putting my ubuntu version in the search query

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast